Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Mar 21, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #1,861 of 3,701
NEED HELP!!!!

Hi, this or TH900? damn im in between.

Note that my preference is:-

Loving bass for EDM.
Loving Mids for vocals and stuff
Hating sibilant highs (heard of Pro900 highs and hated it)

will be paired this with Mojo

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #1,862 of 3,701
  Well they have very different sound signatures. I can throw pretty much anything at the DT 1770's whereas with the NH, I prefer to listen to Jazz or Classical with them; that's not to say they sound bad with other genre's but while listening to "Rega P25 plays 'Take 5' from Jazz at the Pawnshop" on YouTube, the NH were absolutely magical whereas the DT 1770's were merely great ^_^. Enjoy and do post impressions when you get yours.

Besides Jazz or classical, I liked NH with modern pop and rock recordings, whereas DT 1770 is used for older recordings, I find these 2 headphones seems to cover all my needs other than portability...

Mar 21, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #1,863 of 3,701
  NEED HELP!!!!

Loving bass for EDM.

I hate sibilant highs too and this was a concern for me, but I am happy to report that the DT1770 do not have sibilant highs.
beerchug.gif

The bass and mids are excellent.

Don't know about the TH900

Mar 21, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #1,866 of 3,701
I hate sibilant highs too and this was a concern for me, but I am happy to report that the DT1770 do not have sibilant highs. :beerchug:

The bass and mids are excellent.

Don't know about the TH900

Just listening to my dt1770 with mojo and it's very lovely. Crystal clear, no sibilance to my ears, and a surprisingly large soundstage, very impressive.

What about its bass? The punch bass from EDM songs.

If u ever heard custom one pro. I just a lil bit more punchier than that.

Why good bass headphones are sibilance. ... hating this a LOT

Mar 21, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #1,867 of 3,701
I just NEED a lil more punchier than that.

Sorry for typo.

Mar 21, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #1,868 of 3,701
What about its bass? The punch bass from EDM songs.

If u ever heard custom one pro. I just a lil bit more punchier than that.

Why good bass headphones are sibilance. ... hating this a LOT

I have also owned the Custom One Pro and I certainly prefer the bass of the DT1770. I never use to set my COP on maximum though. Only one setting from the maximum

The bass is punchy enough. It is also more textured and layered. In short better than the COP in my opinion.

People who can never seem to find a pair of headphones that are "punchy" enough are actually looking for the sensation that only hifi loud speakers can give. Headphones will never be able to do that. I use to be one of them until I realized that fact.

Maybe if it is possible, is to go and audition a pair.

Here is some quotes on the bass of the DT1770: -

"The DT1770pro might just be the best value for money high end model for bass enthusiasts.
Overall response is punchy and well controlled suiting a wide range of contemporary music styles."
- Headphonic

"the DT 1770 Pro is fuller and warmer. There's an undeniable solidity to the sound of the DT 1770 Pro, and dynamics punch harder." - c|net

"the DT-1770 Pro, this is it, concussive, driving, powerful bass will be served up for your listening pleasure." - Headphone Guru

Hope that helps

P.S I sold my Custom One Pro and have no regrets at all.

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #1,870 of 3,701
  NEED HELP!!!!

Loving bass for EDM.

I've heard both the TH-9XX and wasn't really impressed. The DT1770 Pro's are more engrossing and dynamic IMO, especially after removing the removable felt liner inside the cup.

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #1,871 of 3,701
guys, I end up won the bid of TH600. Gimme a month at least to try this with Mojo!

Mar 23, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #1,873 of 3,701
Just to chime in. I have the dt1770s and th900s and id recommend the 1770s as i think theyre better value for money and generally a better all rounder in terms of sound. The main difference is that the th900s lend the music a somewhat live feel to the sound as tho youre there at the venue. The 1770s just sound like a recorded piece of music. The th900s can get a bit peaky and twangy - for lack of a better word - when the music gets complex.

I also have the mojo and find the 1770s to pair really well with it.

Mar 23, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #1,874 of 3,701
I've only had these just over a week, and I've now found that I need to take a break from them.

They are so good that they're ruining my portable experience with my daily driver HD25s

Just get a pair of Dt1350s and call it a day. To me they sound like a more balanced mini version of the 1770s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back