Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Feb 10, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #1,654 of 3,701

but can you just listen once to review it ?

Why don't you give list a few songs I can find on tidal, then I will have a listen and report back.

1. Tove Lo - Talking Body  ( pop dance )
2.Sia - Big Girls Cry ( pop dance )
3. Sia - Chandelier ( pop dance )
4. Sia - Elastic Heart ( pop dance )
5. bobby shmurda - hot nigga ( rap)
6. Future - Trap Niggas ( rap)
8 .linkin park - breaking the habbit (rock )
9. Calvin Harris - how deep is your Love

sorry if it's too much , if you don't have time then you can listen only to some of them and replay about the quality of the song and bass 

but they are great songs i think you should listen to them anyway , genre really does not matter honestly i don't think anyone should be like i don't listen to that genre ! every genre has its own beauty and good songs ( scratch the beauty part about the rap songs tho xD ) no matter what your taste is in music 

Feb 10, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #1,655 of 3,701
  1. Tove Lo - Talking Body  ( pop dance )
2.Sia - Big Girls Cry ( pop dance )
3. Sia - Chandelier ( pop dance )
4. Sia - Elastic Heart ( pop dance )
5. bobby shmurda - hot nigga ( rap)
6. Future - Trap Niggas ( rap)
8 .linkin park - breaking the habbit (rock )
9. Calvin Harris - how deep is your Love

sorry if it's too much , if you don't have time then you can listen only to some of them and replay about the quality of the song and bass 

but they are great songs i think you should listen to them anyway , genre really does not matter honestly i don't think anyone should be like i don't listen to that genre ! every genre has its own beauty and good songs ( scratch the beauty part about the rap songs tho xD ) no matter what your taste is in music 

I'll have a go at these tonight when I get my kids to bed. Can you elaborate a little more on what about a headphone you look for (sound profile) when it comes to listening to the above music? Everyone has different stuff they want out of a headphone....

Feb 10, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #1,656 of 3,701
  I'll have a go at these tonight when I get my kids to bed. Can you elaborate a little more on what about a headphone you look for (sound profile) when it comes to listening to the above music? Everyone has different stuff they want out of a headphone....

well first i want it to be very comfortable , like for 5-6 hour usage 

also i really don't want a really heavy bass even when it comes to rap and dance , but a good bass , at first i wanted to buy t1 but people told me that dt1770 has better bass when it comes to the genres i listen ( like dance and pop and hip hop ) so i want to have a good bass , but not too much
just overall a good sound quality 

Feb 10, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #1,657 of 3,701
  well first i want it to be very comfortable , like for 5-6 hour usage 

also i really don't want a really heavy bass even when it comes to rap and dance , but a good bass , at first i wanted to buy t1 but people told me that dt1770 has better bass when it comes to the genres i listen ( like dance and pop and hip hop ) so i want to have a good bass , but not too much
just overall a good sound quality 

Yes, good bass that is not overwhelming and highly textured/detailed and deep, as noticed with the first song listed. The subbass in this one is clear, tight and discernable from the mix. Mid-bass fills the sound out and makes me want to bop my head, but does not at all take anything away from the nice, airy sound the rest of the mix has. Voices are beautiful (until she swears lol), and treble is detailed and clear. dt1770 made for this song imo.  The bass extension in particular is very impressive, my genres of choice do not bring this out very often so it was cool to hear.

Feb 10, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #1,658 of 3,701

Yes, good bass that is not overwhelming and highly textured/detailed and deep, as noticed with the first song listed. The subbass in this one is clear, tight and discernable from the mix. Mid-bass fills the sound out and makes me want to bop my head, but does not at all take anything away from the nice, airy sound the rest of the mix has. Voices are beautiful (until she swears lol), and treble is detailed and clear. dt1770 made for this song imo.  The bass extension in particular is very impressive, my genres of choice do not bring this out very often so it was cool to hear.

alright thanks ! ,i am probably gonna buy this beast in 2-3 weeks

but how comfortable are them to wear ? like for 5-6 hour  , any problems ?

and sorry if you already answered this but what amp do you use ? because only good amp that is available where i live is a20 or e12 - e17 , so i think i'm gonna buy A20 

Feb 10, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #1,659 of 3,701

and sorry if you already answered this but what amp do you use ? because only good amp that is available where i live is a20 or e12 - e17 , so i think i'm gonna buy A20 

They are pretty comfy. Clamp force is a bit much for that long, but if you have a smaller head it should be ok. I stretch my headband out a smidge and it helped, but I would not want to wear these for more than 2 or 3 hrs, where as my dt880s I could wear forever. For amp I am currently using an android OTG to a Cayin C5DAC, sounds great to me and more than enough power for these.

Feb 10, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #1,660 of 3,701

They are pretty comfy. Clamp force is a bit much for that long, but if you have a smaller head it should be ok. I stretch my headband out a smidge and it helped, but I would not want to wear these for more than 2 or 3 hrs, where as my dt880s I could wear forever. For amp I am currently using an android OTG to a Cayin C5DAC, sounds great to me and more than enough power for these.

what is the difference between dt880 pro and 1770 in music types that i mentioned ? for example in that first song , any big difference ? in bass or quality ?

i am getting confused , well some days i do wanna use my headphones more than 4-5 hour , so i am wondering do you think dt 1770 gonna cause problem in 5-6 hour ? should i just get the dt 880 pro "? or maybe  DT 990  ??

Feb 10, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #1,661 of 3,701
  what is the difference between dt880 pro and 1770 in music types that i mentioned ? for example in that first song , any big difference ? in bass or quality ?

i am getting confused , well some days i do wanna use my headphones more than 4-5 hour , so i am wondering do you think dt 1770 gonna cause problem in 5-6 hour ? should i just get the dt 880 pro "? or maybe  DT 990  ??

All Beyerdynamic Pro headphones have a bit more clamping force by design... They are still very comfortable. In case its still too much, stretch them out a bit (carefully though).

Feb 10, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #1,662 of 3,701

When I get home I will listen to those tunes with my dt880/600. The dt1770 is bassier (mid bass for sure), and more detailed and smooth. The dt800 is a bit brighter, and has great air and deep, textured bass.

You can stretch out the dt1770 headband and it helps. However, I do find the dt1770 bass is seal dependent and if the clamp is too loose I lose my seal when I stretch my neck or turn my head - so I need a bit of clamping force on the dt1770 to sound right.

Feb 10, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #1,663 of 3,701

I have worn Beyers MMX for 10 hours straight. Like 770s. 1770 is only a tiny bit more clamping force. You can wear them all night. Easily one of the 5 most comfy headphones is Beyers big ones.

880 is basically open headphone. You can hear outside noises and people might hear your music. Closed (770 / 1770) is the way to go. If you want a taste of 1770 and Beyer sound and comfort go to any good music equipment store and listen to 770s. They might even have 880s, call around. Shops for pros will have both.

Closed usually has the benefit that you can listen quieter. Better for your ears and listening quiet you will hear more and can listen longer. Comfy for 5 hours means nothing if you have to listen loud and "compress" your hearing for the day.

Keep your ears in good shape!

Feb 10, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #1,665 of 3,701
I have worn Beyers MMX for 10 hours straight. Like 770s. 1770 is only a tiny bit more clamping force. You can wear them all night. Easily one of the 5 most comfy headphones is Beyers big ones.

880 is basically open headphone. You can hear outside noises and people might hear your music. Closed (770 / 1770) is the way to go. If you want a taste of 1770 and Beyer sound and comfort go to any good music equipment store and listen to 770s. They might even have 880s, call around. Shops for pros will have both.

Closed usually has the benefit that you can listen quieter. Better for your ears and listening quiet you will hear more and can listen longer. Comfy for 5 hours means nothing if you have to listen loud and "compress" your hearing for the day.

Keep your ears in good shape!

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that closed headphones in general keep your ears under more pressure than open and so open are safer for long listening. Makes sense to me anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back