Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Feb 7, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #1,606 of 3,701
guys t1 ( first gen ) vs dt 1770 pro , what is the difference between them ? which one is better for listening to pop and rap and dance , trance etc ?

does it worth to pay extra 600 for t1 ?

I think you might be better off with the DT1770, especially for the genres m motioned. It has a less bright sound signature and a bass presentation that's more in line with electronic music. The T1 offers more details, but many consider it a bit bright.

I have the T90, which is also a first gen tesla, and many have said the T90 and the original T1 have comparable signatures. If the T90 is anything close to the original T1, then the T1 will sound brighter, have a slightly larger soundstage (but only by a fraction), and have less bass impact. 

I've loved my T90 for many years but I find the DT1770 to be a better all-rounder while still being extremely detailed and engaging.

While I don't hear the t90 as too similar to the original T1 (and ev n less so to the new T1.2), I do consider the DT1770 the b tier allrounder as well. Still the T1 soundstage is quite a bit wider than with the DT1770 I'd say.

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #1,607 of 3,701
I have the T90, which is also a first gen tesla, and many have said the T90 and the original T1 have comparable signatures. If the T90 is anything close to the original T1, then the T1 will sound brighter, have a slightly larger soundstage (but only by a fraction), and have less bass impact. 

I've loved my T90 for many years but I find the DT1770 to be a better all-rounder while still being extremely detailed and engaging.
Agreed. Just sold my T90s for this very reason.

Feb 8, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #1,608 of 3,701
That sucks! Where'd you buy it? See if the vendor can swap it out and deal with Beyerdynamic directly. Or, contact Beyerdynamic's customer service.

beyerdynamic Germany replied in negative for direct replacement request as I didn't buy directly from beyer. I have been asked to send the defective piece to the authorised reseller I bought it from on Amazon. Trying to contact him.

Feb 8, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #1,609 of 3,701
also why do they call DT 1770 pro a STUDIO headphone ? even in their website it says that its best for studio producers !
does that mean its not the best for people who want to just listen to music in genres like pop , dance , trance hip hop electronic and more ? ( no jazz or classic )

also which one is better for the music types that i mentioned above ? DT 1770 Pro or Sennheiser HD8 DJ ?

also the second one is only for DJ's ? or is it good for people who want to just listen to music in their home too ? ( i'm just looking for the best headphone out there for the music types that i mentioned , and only for home use , price does not matter )

Feb 8, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #1,610 of 3,701
  also why do they call DT 1770 pro a STUDIO headphone ? even in their website it says that its best for studio producers !
does that mean its not the best for people who want to just listen to music in genres like pop , dance , trance hip hop electronic and more ? ( no jazz or classic )

also which one is better for the music types that i mentioned above ? DT 1770 Pro or Sennheiser HD8 DJ ?

also the second one is only for DJ's ? or is it good for people who want to just listen to music in their home too ? ( i'm just looking for the best headphone out there for the music types that i mentioned , and only for home use , price does not matter )

I must say I take descriptions like 'Studio, DJ, Professional, Premium etc with a pinch of salt. They may in some way equate to certain frequency responses but there is no way of knowing how your own ears and brain will hear and interpret their sound signature without listening to them in your own system-unfortunately. At least that's my own experience.

Feb 8, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #1,611 of 3,701

beyerdynamic Germany replied in negative for direct replacement request as I didn't buy directly from beyer. I have been asked to send the defective piece to the authorised reseller I bought it from on Amazon. Trying to contact him.

Sorry, Subhakar, I don't know in which country you bought the headphones but in the UK the first port of call would usually be the seller, who should replace or arrange to send the headphone back to the manufacturer for a repair or replacement.
Under certain circumstances you might be entitled to a refund, usually depending on how long you had had them before they broke. We have Distance Selling Regulations and an expectation that a headphone is 'not fit for purpose' if it does not work for a reasonable length of time. Under these circumstances you can claim for a refund, but proving something was not fit for purpose if it doesn't break down in the first  few weeks can be a long drawn out process.
If the seller is unhelpful then the Manufacturer would still be obliged to replace or repair under the terms of their warranty.

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #1,612 of 3,701
  I must say I take descriptions like 'Studio, DJ, Professional, Premium etc with a pinch of salt. They may in some way equate to certain frequency responses but there is no way of knowing how your own ears and brain will hear and interpret their sound signature without listening to them in your own system-unfortunately. At least that's my own experience.

between Sennheiser HD8 DJ and dt 1770 pro and Blue Mo-Fi  , which one is better for someone who just wants to listen to genres like pop , dance , hip hop electronic and stuff like this ( no jazz or classic ) 
in home ( i don't use it outside ) which one of the headphones i mentioned above is better ?

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #1,613 of 3,701

For mentioned genres HD 8 dj was great, but soundstage was very small and clarity will be better on Beyerdynamic, because Hd 8 dj lacked in that department. Also comfort was extremely bad on hd 8 dj, because of small pads, very not generous padding on top of headband and very strong clamping force. I now laugh how people cry like little girs, because of HD650 clamping force. They should use HD8 Dj for 3 or 4 hours... I use to play games much shorter, because of no comfort. Dont buy HD8 DJ, because it was Sennheiser fail, Buy DT1770 PRO It should be much comfier and higher performing headphones.

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #1,614 of 3,701
  between Sennheiser HD8 DJ and dt 1770 pro and Blue Mo-Fi  , which one is better for someone who just wants to listen to genres like pop , dance , hip hop electronic and stuff like this ( no jazz or classic ) 
in home ( i don't use it outside ) which one of the headphones i mentioned above is better ?

Sadly I mainly listen to Classical and Jazz so I'm useless to you.

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #1,615 of 3,701
For mentioned genres HD 8 dj was great, but soundstage was very small and clarity will be better on Beyerdynamic, because Hd 8 dj lacked in that department. Also comfort was extremely bad on hd 8 dj, because of small pads, very not generous padding on top of headband and very strong clamping force. I now laugh how people cry like little girs, because of HD650 clamping force. They should use HD8 Dj for 3 or 4 hours... I use to play games much shorter, because of no comfort. Dont buy HD8 DJ, because it was Sennheiser fail, Buy DT1770 PRO It should be much comfier and higher performing headphones.

is Beyerdynamic a20 a good amp for dt 1770 ? or i am better off using cheaper amp's ? 

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #1,616 of 3,701
I haven't heard the HD8DJ from Sennheiser, but I've never read a good thing about it from anyone who's compared other high-quality DJ-style/basshead headphones. 

If you're gung-ho on a basshead can, get a Fostex TH-X00 or a V-Moda M100. The Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 would also be a nice choice. If you don't mind an open headphone, the Philips Fidelio X2 is also very good. 

And Blue just came out with their Lola headphone, which is said to be lighter and more comfortable than the Mo-Fi (but it doesn't have the built-in headphone amp).

The only thing I can say conclusively is that the HD8DJs are indeed considered a misstep by Sennheiser, and there are many better choices out there. 

So, YMMV, etc.

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #1,617 of 3,701
is Beyerdynamic a20 a good amp for dt 1770 ? or i am better off using cheaper amp's ? 
I Dont like DT990 and a20 pairing for music, because DT990 is already bassy and A20 is also bassy... When you pair bassy cans like Dt1770 and dt990 With A20. Bass becomes not as tight and semetimes bloated. Mids and Highs ar good, but Soundstage, separation and imaging is nothing amazing. From My E12 amp A20 is very small upgrade... Just buy Schiit walhalla and you will get tight bass, natural mids, cleaner highs, much better details, soundstage and imaging! Headphone makers amps is extremely overpriced!!! Walhalla in my opinion is better than HVD600.

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #1,619 of 3,701
I Dont like DT990 and a20 pairing for music, because DT990 is already bassy and A20 is also bassy... When you pair bassy cans like Dt1770 and dt990 With A20. Bass becomes not as tight and semetimes bloated. Mids and Highs ar good, but Soundstage, separation and imaging is nothing amazing. From My E12 amp A20 is very small upgrade... Just buy Schiit walhalla and you will get tight bass, natural mids, cleaner highs, much better details, soundstage and imaging! Headphone makers amps is extremely overpriced!!! Walhalla in my opinion is better than HVD600.

that amp is not available where i live and shipping cost is expensive

can you name something from FiiO ? or maybe a200 ? or iFi-Audio Nano iDSD ? ( these are available here ) 

Feb 8, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #1,620 of 3,701
that amp is not available where i live and shipping cost is expensive

can you name something from FiiO ? or maybe a200 ? or iFi-Audio Nano iDSD ? ( these are available here ) 
Similar situation was to me... So i buyed A20... Maybe wait for fiio k5? Most People here always tell about mistic sound increase when you buy expensive amps or dacs, but they cant judge correctly cheapish gear, because it does not have high price tag... Buy now something cheap like coming K5 or E12 and if you like its sound signature, you can buy later pricier amp with same sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back