Beyerdynamic DT-1350's VS Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Mar 8, 2013 at 9:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Dashstroyer

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I am currently tossing up between buying one of these 2 sets of headphones. I intend to use them a significant amount when commuting, but also at home. I understand that they are significantly different sets of cans, The Beyerdynamic being specifically portable, but also double the price. So this leads to my question, the sound quality of the 2? As a larger, over the ear set do the M50's sound better overall? Or do the more expensive DT-1350's have more put into them? Do they have different styles of sound?

Thanks,

Dashstroyer

Edit: What about the Audio Technica es700?

Mar 8, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #3 of 11
Just out of curiosity, how did you ended narrowing down to these two? like what is attracting you to them?

Mar 9, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #4 of 11
I am attracted to the D1350's. My father is attracted to the Technica's. To be completely honest I think he's jealous that I've spent nearly a damn year saving for something decent (not that his at home studio headphones aren't worth more anyway). I think the D1350's while will not sound as great as a large set of cans, will still sound awesome and will be much more portable (awesome case) and durable than something like the M50's or ATH ESW9. This seems to me like a smart option when spending a day at school.

Mar 9, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #5 of 11
I've used the Audio-Technica M50 before (note: used, not owned - it was at an audio show) and they were sort of clunky in terms of size. I can't see them being ideal for commuting for that reason. The DT1350 are quite a bit smaller and hence more portable. The DT1350 can also be worn around the neck - something that not all headphones can do. And yes they do have different styles of sound - but I'd consider the DT1350 a clear upgrade over the M50.

For the Audio-Technica ES700 (which I don't own - yet), you might want to note that it has polished earcups that are semi-reflective, which will leave fingerprints, and will also attract attention by other people - i.e., as in potentially unwanted attention (and by that, I mean in terms of muggers or thieves).

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #9 of 11
Hello,

I am currently tossing up between buying one of these 2 sets of headphones. I intend to use them a significant amount when commuting, but also at home. I understand that they are significantly different sets of cans, The Beyerdynamic being specifically portable, but also double the price. So this leads to my question, the sound quality of the 2? As a larger, over the ear set do the M50's sound better overall? Or do the more expensive DT-1350's have more put into them? Do they have different styles of sound?

Thanks,

Dashstroyer

Although I can say much about this and recommended others as well.
I will limit my answer to just your question as you seemed to have researched already.
Go for what you want, not for what anyone says.
Yes the 1350 are technically better.
I don't think the m50 are very portable on smaller younger heads.
The es700 would be the cheapest best sounding of the three and not many seen this model they won't know about it BUT
It is not as small, nothing is as small as the Beyer not even the Amperiors wich is a viable option as well..

Mar 24, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #10 of 11
Hi guys

I have DT1350 and only I can compare with my Sennheiser HD 25-1 II
The DT1350 are more detailed and less bass (neutral headphones)
Are more versatil for differents styles, very portables and robust, amp not necessary, but amped for my are better.
The clamp are a little hard but if you use day to day will be more soft.
A little expensive...
After all I'm so happy with them.
Definetly I recommend those headphones

Cheers

Feb 10, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #11 of 11
Hello,

Thanks,

Dashstroyer

I have these two. The sound of the DT-1350 is warmer and has more depth and is more detailed. Apart from that everything has the advantage of being more portable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back