Beyerdynamic custom pro/beyerdynamic dt 770/ audio technica ath-m50x ?
Jan 15, 2015 at 10:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Lucagt9

New Head-Fier
hi, i want to buy a new pair of headphones for less than 200$, which of them you suggest me? i could buy also a DAC. there are other ones that you think that are better of them? thank you very much

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #7 of 12

ok thank you, and what about the dt990?

The DT990 will give you a slightly more extended and airy-er top-end (Treble) due to the open design.
Its been too long since I've heard a DT990-250Ohm but when I compare my DT770-250 to my 990-600, the DT990 has the treble properties I mentioned above + it gains a lot more Mid-Bass accentuation than the DT770. I find the DT770s to extend slightly better in the bass.
The 600Ohm DT990 also is slightly faster sounding but that may be due to the extra extension you gain up top.
The DT990-600Ohm's Treble is the best I've heard in any Dynamic, regardless of the price.

I would name and compare it to Flagship Dynamics but I'm sure I'll get flamed by sensitive owners who seem to hoard Head-Fi.

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #8 of 12
  The DT990 will give you a slightly more extended and airy-er top-end (Treble) due to the open design.
Its been too long since I've heard a DT990-250Ohm but when I compare my DT770-250 to my 990-600, the DT990 has the treble properties I mentioned above + it gains a lot more Mid-Bass accentuation than the DT770. I find the DT770s to extend slightly better in the bass.
The 600Ohm DT990 also is slightly faster sounding but that may be due to the extra extension you gain up top.
The DT990-600Ohm's Treble is the best I've heard in any Dynamic, regardless of the price.

I would name and compare it to Flagship Dynamics but I'm sure I'll get flamed by sensitive owners who seem to hoard Head-Fi.

so,to sum up, if i want a pair of headphones to replace my beats pro, with great quality and marked but not extreme bass what should i get? you suggest a dac?

Mar 29, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #9 of 12

so,to sum up, if i want a pair of headphones to replace my beats pro, with great quality and marked but not extreme bass what should i get? you suggest a dac?

Get a DT 770 80Ohm , have decent bass, not overpowering by any means and has good amount of detail in the highs and mids for the price they sell at and can be driven without an amp on a PC, for portable use you might as well get an amp or get the 32 ohm variant !

Dec 8, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #12 of 12
M50x would be my pick when it comes to great sounding headphones at an affordable price.

It has a small v-shaped frequency response. The bass are there when it is needed (but for some tracks, it is a little subdued to me), the treble and mids are clear and neutral.

Soundstage is good for a closed back headphone. It is almost as if you are at the studio recording the track, a wonderful experience I must say

Comfort is a big thumbs up. During my first try, they are very uncomfortable after an hour. After a few days of using them, they became EXTREMELY comfy. I might even use them as portables more often.

Sound isolation is not as good as I thought. You could still hear some outside noise even if there is music playing. It is only a small con to me since I could be more aware of my environment because of it.

I am confused that some claim that the cans are muddy and/or tinny. The opposite of what I experienced.

Overrated..... Maybe, but they delivered great sound for some if not most people.

Because of the mixed reviews I have read, it largely depends on you if you'll love or hate the M50x. Trying them out yourself would be a big help on making a decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back