Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
Dec 18, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #751 of 963
Quote:
Well I've got them on now, playing the song I remember hearing clipping on, and I turned it up fairly loud, waited for the bassy part, 3rd position, and I didn't hear any clipping! I'm running my Bifrost to my E17, +6dB gain, vol 20.

Also wow, these have a lottt of bass. So much that even some songs that I knew had a good amount of punch are bloated on these. So cool that I can change the bass though, makes me able to customize these depending on the song. I think I need to break these in.

After a few minutes of listening to various songs, I'm actually kind of disappointed at how muddy/cloudy these make some songs. I think I need to adjust to their sound, but some songs just sound like they're coming through a bassy fog. No clipping, but foggy. I think they're just good for some kinds of music and others they're not.

Well yea, they are bass heavy cans, and most bass heavy cans have a tendancy to make mud the XB500s which are proably the biggest BASS you can get are well Mud Cannons lol, comes with the territory a lot of time sadly 

Dec 18, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #752 of 963
Quote:
Well yea, they are bass heavy cans, and most bass heavy cans have a tendancy to make mud the XB500s which are proably the biggest BASS you can get are well Mud Cannons lol, comes with the territory a lot of time sadly 

I'm noticing how muddy these are. They do sound great for some songs, but I find myself switching to the first and second positions for others. They sound good for what they are. Unfortunately they haven't out shined my ANC 7s which is a bit of a let down. I may keep them for a couple more days before doing a side by side comparison. I'm going to burn these in with as much of my music library I can get at (won't even get close, but I can try!)

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #753 of 963
Quote:

I'm noticing how muddy these are. They do sound great for some songs, but I find myself switching to the first and second positions for others. They sound good for what they are. Unfortunately they haven't out shined my ANC 7s which is a bit of a let down. I may keep them for a couple more days before doing a side by side comparison. I'm going to burn these in with as much of my music library I can get at (won't even get close, but I can try!)

Yea, that's a shame to hear

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #754 of 963
I remember reading a review where the guy said these sounded like garbage out of the box, practically fart cannons. And they almost are to a degree. But I want to believe that they'll get better with 50 hours of burn-in. So I need to get started.

Dec 18, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #755 of 963
Quote:
I remember reading a review where the guy said these sounded like garbage out of the box, practically fart cannons. And they almost are to a degree. But I want to believe that they'll get better with 50 hours of burn-in. So I need to get started.

yea but what's wrong with Fart cannons ;3. Again that's the idea of a bass heavy can. Although for the price... they might be a little disapointing. But if you paid $120 for em... really that's kinda u get what u paid for kinda thing. Seeing as the Ath m50 is around $120 also, your options are Balances Bass can or FART CANNON. An personally... I don't mind my fart cannons. Although I have Sub BASS FART CANNONS. An Sub Bass is very non invasive... it's in it's own little world... just thundering ur face off lol 

still though... fart cannons... a bad thing :D [well if ur listening to Fart Cannon music, not bad if u want to enjoy ur Classical... maybe a bad thing but again, right tools for the right job.] 

Dec 18, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #756 of 963
I paid $150 for mine. I don't mind the bass, I love it -- but unfortunately it makes 50% of my music sound like ass. I've become too used to the DT880s over the past few days, but DAMN is there a huge difference in clarity.

Dec 19, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #757 of 963
Quote:
Well I picked up a pair of Ultrasone PRO 750. We'll see if its true that they can handle ridiculous amounts of volume without distorting. :wink:

You must be talking to me.  Ha, I've also picked up a pair of 580's.  On the description, Ultrasone mentioned how the Mylar drivers on those are impossible to blow.  That's music to my ears.  I want to hear your thoughts on the 750's.

Dec 19, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #758 of 963
Quote:
You must be talking to me.  Ha, I've also picked up a pair of 580's.  On the description, Ultrasone mentioned how the Mylar drivers on those are impossible to blow.  That's music to my ears.  I want to hear your thoughts on the 750's.

Will do. They will be here by Thursday and possibly even tomorrow if I'm lucky. If anyone's interested in the 750s, they are still at $161 on Amazon, the lowest they've ever been.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003USCCFA

Dec 19, 2012 at 3:49 AM Post #759 of 963
Do the ultrasone 750s need amping? I'm now trying to find a solution that's going to cost me roughly $200 or less. I hastily got the COPs after reading all the praise.

I find the COPs have so much bass that a lot of the mids to trebles are shrouded and unclear. I guess I'm going to need cans that are somewhat flat so I have a baseline to determine if bass cans are what I want. So far nothing is out shining my anc 7s unamped.

Any body have suggestions? I'm hoping mass drop drops some fiio 17s, maybe I'll try this portable amping thing...

Dec 19, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #760 of 963
I emailed Brian from RazorDogDeals about returning mine. Unfortunately unless there's something wrong with them, he can't return them to Beyer, so he'd basically be throwing away these cans if I returned them. I told him if he'd honor the return in up to 2 weeks, I'd like to burn them in and give them a fair chance. He said he was okay with that since I'm a repeat customer. Great guy, great service.

Dec 19, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #761 of 963
Now that the transplant idea is back in my head, I'm wondering where I can get a good deal on these in Canada...

... or find a broken one.

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #762 of 963
Now burning in the COPs. Got em in the other room so they don't disturb my DT880 experience. :)

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #763 of 963
I already gave up on mine. Between the clipping, having to send them back and after 3 weeks still waiting...along with the poor communication from Beyer I am more than frustrated with this whole experience.

As soon as they arrive they are going to the classifieds section.

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #764 of 963
Quote:
I already gave up on mine. Between the clipping, having to send them back and after 3 weeks still waiting...along with the poor communication from Beyer I am more than frustrated with this whole experience.

As soon as they arrive they are going to the classifieds section.

They handled it pretty poorly on your end, I think.

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #765 of 963
Well...next step for me is to decide which color of the M100 to buy. Most likely not the white since I already had the white pearl M80's.
happy_face1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back