Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
Oct 20, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #346 of 963
Hello all audiophiles, bassheads and music lovers alike,

I'm new here and apparently new to high end headphones. I was at Tyll website (InnerFidelity) and saw the Beyer Custom One and it does look good. However, i just bought a new headphones, a UE 6000 based on Tyll and all you head-fiers review about them (thanks!!).

I just want to know how does the Beyer Custom One compares to UE 6000? I'm starting to have a bit of a headphone envy =P 

JonaYO

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #347 of 963
JonaYO,
Hi there.
Seems no one has both COP and UE6000 at hand...
Just wait someone will chime in. 

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #348 of 963
I have recently acquired both and though I like the COP's, I think you made the right choice with the UE's.  I find them more lush sounding and goes well with more genres of music better than the COP's.  The COP's will give you a little more treble energy making songs a little livelier, tunable bass which is a plus but the UE's do better with vocals.  The COP's have a little bigger soundstage and isolate less.  I have been using the velour pads since I received them though.  

Oct 21, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #349 of 963
Thanks for the reply!

Yeah i like the UE 6000 because of its nice sounding mids. The treble is a bit recessed, overall sounds mellow or warm =P I heard the COP sound can be change with the 'lever' thats what got me very interested. How does the sound fare at different settings

JonaYO

p/s: bear with me on audio terms I'm just a budding equipment user =) 

Oct 21, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #350 of 963
Hi everyone,

I have them and I will share with my ideas with you. They sound really good but it says "third mode sounds like beyerdynamic dt770 pro" etc. Don't expect the natural sound of dt series. I think the modes cannot be compared with dt series but it is really cool. I think they are awesome for daily usage like in the bus, train etc. The bass emphasis mode is like "finally beats by dre makes sense". I also have dt 770 pro 80 ohm model, they are too different but dt series are the best for me.

I am not a technical guy so I cannot make a technical comment for you guys, but the modes are great, they are really different, and because of its being 18 ohm (i cannot remember but it was low), they are noisy. If you also like "made-up" sound, those are really cool.

Oct 21, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #351 of 963
Quote:
Hi everyone,

I have them and I will share with my ideas with you. They sound really good but it says "third mode sounds like beyerdynamic dt770 pro" etc. Don't expect the natural sound of dt series. I think the modes cannot be compared with dt series but it is really cool. I think they are awesome for daily usage like in the bus, train etc. The bass emphasis mode is like "finally beats by dre makes sense". I also have dt 770 pro 80 ohm model, they are too different but dt series are the best for me.

I am not a technical guy so I cannot make a technical comment for you guys, but the modes are great, they are really different, and because of its being 18 ohm (i cannot remember but it was low), they are noisy. If you also like "made-up" sound, those are really cool.

would u say that the mids are recessed on the custom ones? as i listen to electronic thats kinda what i want. nice highs with good about of bass :>

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #353 of 963
Quote:
Thanks for the reply!

Yeah i like the UE 6000 because of its nice sounding mids. The treble is a bit recessed, overall sounds mellow or warm =P I heard the COP sound can be change with the 'lever' thats what got me very interested. How does the sound fare at different settings

JonaYO

p/s: bear with me on audio terms I'm just a budding equipment user =) 

At the lowest setting, there's barely any bass.  You could call it neutral but it just isn't much fun listening in this mode for me.  Second notch, there's a nice punchy bass.  It's tight and well defined.  The third notch, the bass gets almost boomy but I really like it with electronica and hip hop.  Last notch gets to be too much for me.  It muddies up quite a bit of sound.  Overall, the second notch works well with rock or alternative rock.  Even speed metal or songs with fast drum passages work just fine.  The third notch even sounds good if you want to add some more punch to the music you are listening to.  Pretty cool to be able to just click the notches to change the sound.  Four headphones in one for $200 seems like a good deal to me.  Also, I listen to a lot of beat driven electronic music and these headphones sound absolutely amazing with them.  It sounds like I am in a big NYC club.  Much better than the experience I had with the Sony XB1000's.

Oct 22, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #354 of 963
Hey guys,

My COP video is now uploaded. This video is a little test drive for my Galaxy S3's video recorder, which looks really good IMO. Hope you enjoy it!

Oct 22, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #355 of 963
Nice video.
I smiled as you frequently rubbed both earpads together
wink.gif

Can I expect your full-review of Custom One Pro on product review section of Head-Fi?

Oct 22, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #356 of 963
Quote:

If you love bass, Burn the **** out of these then kick the notches to max and put on your favourite album or vinyl :)

I hope this was helpful, cheers.

what's with that e dude lol, 

Meh now I need to decide if I want these first of the XB1000s... I might fo Xb1000 since those are well limited. But I certianly would like a Byer can for my Sub Bass [which I use for Dub Step only so Dark Dirty Big Bass is great] So I'll have to see

On the note of the Dt 880's they are nice, and the Burn in helps a little although some of my 16bits are starting to sound TERRIBLE in the highs, where as others are sounding better... WHY YOU SUCK CRAPPY MUSIC FILES, and on that note 24bit Flying Lotus doesn't sound as good as I remember e.e from 320kbs... these are different albums I'm listening to but, Him and Funki Porcini are really hit and miss :[, it's OMG awesome or DUDE what's this e.e

And I believe it might be due to the mastering... as my XB 700's didn't reveal as many flaws as the dt 880s have >.>... still though I shall CARRY ON 

Oct 22, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #357 of 963
Quote:
Hey guys,

My COP video is now uploaded. This video is a little test drive for my Galaxy S3's video recorder, which looks really good IMO. Hope you enjoy it!

Great vid.  I subscribed.   Thank you!

Oct 22, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #358 of 963
Hi,

Quite possibly :wink:. I do enjoy these headphones a lot and they are quite comfy.

Quote:
Nice video.
I smiled as you frequently rubbed both earpads together
wink.gif

Can I expect your full-review of Custom One Pro on product review section of Head-Fi?

Oct 22, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #360 of 963
Hi,

The bass and treble of the COP is different than that of the DT990. The treble is smoother on the COP and is not as extended. It's also not as detailed and lacks some air. The bass is more full on the COP as well but lacks extension and control. To me the bass is thicker and is not as focussed. If you've heard the DT770 PRO 80Ohm then the bass of the COP is quite similar. 

Quote:
can u please give me an idea about how would the bass and treble on this headphone would be compare to a dt 990 250 ohm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back