Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black vs Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 vs V-Moda LP2
Jul 28, 2013 at 10:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

noname42

New Head-Fier
Hello Everybody

I've been searching for a while for a full sized headphones between $150-200 range, I listen to mostly heavy bass music like house, electro and sometimes old school rock and some movies soundtracks. I will use mostly in my home and when playing sports, so there is not much weight on portability here.

After lots of research (thank to your forum) and reading alot of reviews I found that the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black vs Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 vs V-Moda LP2 are my best options, any other recommendations will be helpful. I'm new to the audiophile world but I have the beginners kit (Cowon C2 and the SE215) . Currently I'm in favor of the COPs, because of the following reasons:

1. It seems like a very high quality headphone, more than the  Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 & V-Moda LP2

2. Removable cables (Yes, I do abuse my expensive headphones and expect them to last, that's why they are expensive!)

3. They seem to be fun & lively. I like my SE215, they are a superb, but if they are hooked to a normal player they seem to be cold and boring.I think because mainly they are monitors (this why the Pro700mk2 are abandoned). I like precision and accuracy in my music but I don't want that to kill the fun in it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Beats fan, because they simply ruin the music with their overpowering and fake bass.

4. I like the COP ambitious concept of fine tuning everything even the sound, which seems to be helpful when listening to a wide variety of genres.

5. On a shallower side, they look badass 

5.My intuition says its the best headphone out of the $150-200 range.

My major concerns is that their are extremely different reviews of the COPs on the internet which kinda confuses me. So should I go with a COPs or is there better options that will answer my needs.

Thanks 
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 9, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #2 of 2
I have removed the LP2 from the list, the pro700mk2 and COPs are far more superior

But I'm reconsidering the pro700mk2 over the COPs, but I'm still confused ???

Come on, head fi'ers GIVE ME THE VERDICT
(I know some of you have them both)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back