Beyerdynamic cans @B&H for nice prices
Sep 6, 2006 at 7:18 AM Post #46 of 536
gah... i have no willpower
frown.gif

(had to order the 990's)

--
btw, jpelg, what ohm version did you get? is there a "standard ohm" one?

Sep 6, 2006 at 7:30 AM Post #47 of 536
I wonder if this price drop has something to do with what was stated in this thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by m00hk00h
I also spoke to a leading member of beyer about the headzone, the A1 and their top of the lines products.
And guess what, their new boss is unsatisfied with the DT990. They are already working on, or will start working on improvements (major, not minor!) for the DT990 soon.

Sep 6, 2006 at 7:37 AM Post #48 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
I wonder if this price drop has something to do with what was stated in this thread:

Yeah, i saw that too
frown.gif

Now REALLY unsure of what to get.. I liked the DT880 while i had it, and now that i have an SR225, i don't think i even need the fun of DT990
plainface.gif

Oh man.. REALLY close to ordering

Sep 6, 2006 at 7:38 AM Post #49 of 536
Quote:

If he's not happy with these (and they're brilliant), I can't wait to see what the improved version will be like.
eek.gif

Sep 6, 2006 at 8:23 AM Post #50 of 536
There's no price drop on Beyer Manufaktur site...Yet.
IMO it wouldn't make business sense to drop price on recently released model (a supposed flagship model) because "boss want to improve it" now. The new/improved 990 is god knows how far (if) to be released. Rumour like that can actually badly affect 990 sales. I'd assume that boss is not very happy with that leak, if there is any truth in it.
And I know that Norbert from Beyer casually visits these boards to check out what's happening...
This whole thing could be a clever promotion trick from Beyer guys to push their flagship model onto US market, maybe?

Sep 6, 2006 at 11:00 AM Post #52 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lad27
They are really good sounding cans and will certainly deserve more exposure on these boards.

Got to admit they sound great out of the box. Burn-in, schmurn-in. If they improve at all I'm a happy dude. My Raptor is a terrific match. Quote:

This whole thing could be a clever promotion trick from Beyer guys to push their flagship model onto US market, maybe

That would be a pretty stealthy back-handed way of trying to promote a headphone considering how I found out about it. Quote:

Is it just me smelling the FOTM brewing?

Yeah, probably. Quote:

Originally Posted by gdeth
btw, jpelg, what ohm version did you get? is there a "standard ohm" one?

Does anyone actually read an entire thread, or do they simply scan the title before posting?

Sep 6, 2006 at 11:44 AM Post #53 of 536
Quote:

yes, that is my suspicion...such a low price is hard to understand if not for the manufacturer wanting to eliminate stock and preparing to announce something new. Just my thought. And still I very happily ordered a pair.

Sep 6, 2006 at 12:25 PM Post #54 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
Does anyone actually read an entire thread, or do they simply scan the title before posting?

oh, hey, sorry i missed that one post in the middle. i guess that never happened to you.
--

in case there are others that might have not seen the info, the 990's are 250ohm versions according to jpelg.

Sep 6, 2006 at 12:39 PM Post #55 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by gdeth
oh, hey, sorry i missed that one post in the middle. i guess that never happened to you.

Sorry if that was snippy, dude. You wouldn't believe the PM's I've been getting since posting this.

Friends?
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 6, 2006 at 12:44 PM Post #56 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
I sprang for 2-day shipping (ground from NY to CA is brutal), so with a little luck I might have them by the end of next week.

B&H will call you to confirm the special order before actually ordering them from Beyer. I ordered mine on a Friday and they called me to confirm on Sunday. FYI. Quote:

The MFR ID# is definitely the key, that was a smooth move spotting it, though!

Hey...i'm Batman! It was a simple matter of science, deductive reasoning, and a calculated gamble
wink.gif

Sep 6, 2006 at 1:43 PM Post #57 of 536
interesting, I just called B&H to verify my order and they said it's just about to ship and I will get them tomorrow or Friday ! pretty fast for a "special order" placed late last night, don't you think ? (well, I am in manhattan, but still ...)

PS: thank you much jpelg for everything and particularly pointing out the fact that they call to "verify" the order. I had not input my real phone number in my order, so after reading your last post I just called them myself.

Sep 6, 2006 at 2:06 PM Post #60 of 536
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
Well, I ordered them too. Hope we all receive the newer model.

LOL!!!

Both B&H and Beyer must be wondering what the heck is going on today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back