Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Jan 14, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #466 of 785
I've posted above my impressions few pages before ... I felt exactly same as you and I've found the right balance with a quite cheap mod, being Beyerdynamic EDT 770 V pads, just EUR 20 and I now all the same details but much less darker sound....Also the silver velour looks absolutely gorgeous with the Copper version I have...I've I never tried other pads but I would be sceptical of trying those above with very think padding since I want less lower mids and not more, I want a more airy sound and that's what I got with the EDT 770 V and now I'm quite happy with them...of course I'm open to change my opinion if someone runs a direct comparison...but at the moment I don't feel i need to splash another $80 for Dekoni
Can you show pictures? And how did you pull off the stock pads? Any video/pics on how to do that? I see there is a video on the Dekoni website but not the actual peeling off.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #467 of 785
Can you show pictures? And how did you pull off the stock pads? Any video/pics on how to do that?

Google it and you'll see how the pads look....replacement took me 5 minutes..it's different from all other beyer I own, there's a piece of plastic popping out to release them and you'll have to put back in but really quite simple

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #468 of 785
Here is a picture of my Amiron Wireless Copper

amiron.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #469 of 785
Here is a picture of my Amiron Wireless Copper

That looks very nice.

Sorry to bother but having a bit of difficult time googling to Amiron wireless earpads replacement. Only getting DT770 as results.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #470 of 785
I received my Amiron Wireless headphones yesterday and I gave them a listen last night. They are very quiet and the sound seems thin. I used AAC from my iPhone Xs, AptX-HD from my Fiio M11, and a wired connection to both, and the sound wasn't that impressive at all. I found that I was listening at ~75% volume wired or wireless, which seems really high, just to reach an adequate volume.

I did use the app to create a custom profile, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference with the wireless connection. I felt like I had a good seal, as adding pressure to the cups resulted in no discernible change to sound quality. I have other wireless headphones (B&W P7W) that I thought sounded better both wired/wireless. Suggestions/Thoughts would be most welcome.

~Ex
Is it better after more listening? I received my Amiron yesterday and like you im not impressed. It sounds really good but it lacks bass or low frequencies. I will try with equalizer.

Jan 14, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #471 of 785
I received my Amiron Wireless headphones yesterday and I gave them a listen last night. They are very quiet and the sound seems thin. I used AAC from my iPhone Xs, AptX-HD from my Fiio M11, and a wired connection to both, and the sound wasn't that impressive at all. I found that I was listening at ~75% volume wired or wireless, which seems really high, just to reach an adequate volume.

I did use the app to create a custom profile, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference with the wireless connection. I felt like I had a good seal, as adding pressure to the cups resulted in no discernible change to sound quality. I have other wireless headphones (B&W P7W) that I thought sounded better both wired/wireless. Suggestions/Thoughts would be most welcome.

~Ex

Is there a noticeable Amiron sound quality difference between M11 via Aptx-hd and M11 wired ?

Jan 14, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #472 of 785
Is it better after more listening? I received my Amiron yesterday and like you im not impressed. It sounds really good but it lacks bass or low frequencies. I will try with equalizer.
I think the reason why it lacks bass is because you haven't placed it right. Amiron Wireless has a bass leakage when not properly placed on/over your ears. Once you have fitted it right, the sound is amazing.

Jan 14, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #473 of 785
I think the reason why it lacks bass is because you haven't placed it right. Amiron Wireless has a bass leakage when not properly placed on/over your ears. Once you have fitted it right, the sound is amazing.
Yes, and earpads are hard and do not accommodate to different head shapes equally good thus the poor seal and missing bass by some folks. Some are happy with stock and some are searching for solution... like me. :frowning2:

Jan 14, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #474 of 785
Yes, and earpads are hard and do not accommodate to different head shapes equally good thus the poor seal and missing bass by some folks. Some are happy with stock and some are searching for solution... like me. :frowning2:
In the beginning they are hard yes but after using them for a while, they'll get soft but of course, it depends on people their head shapes. I like the stock ones because of the same colors and shades. But I wish I could use 770V pads but too scared to destroy it.

Jan 14, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #475 of 785
The Amiron Wireless do have a 'neutral' sound-signature, with relatively less bass compared to other similar BT cans.
Give them time, and you'll learn to appreciate them. But they're not immediately 'impressive', like cans such as the B&W P7W's, or Sony MDR-1000X etc.
BUT they are clearly superior to these other models on extended listening.

Jan 14, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #476 of 785

Yes this is correct, infact when I've changed to EDT 770 leaking improved because earpads are softer and required less clamping force to get a seal with respect to original ones..but I believe this problem only applies people with a small head..if your head is big enough to apply enough clamping force then original pads should be ok

Jan 14, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #477 of 785
The Amiron Wireless do have a 'neutral' sound-signature, with relatively less bass compared to other similar BT cans.
Give them time, and you'll learn to appreciate them. But they're not immediately 'impressive', like cans such as the B&W P7W's, or Sony MDR-1000X etc.
The Amiron Wireless do also have a more relaxed and laid back sound signature and with this one I have no fatigue. The Sony might sound good but too much plastic which I don't appreciate, and those both have pleather pads?

Yes this is correct, infact when I've changed to EDT 770 leaking improved because earpads are softer and required less clamping force to get a seal with respect to original ones..but I believe this problem only applies people with a small head..if your head is big enough to apply enough clamping force then original pads should be ok
I have a small head and I can fit it just fine without any problem.

Jan 14, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #478 of 785
In the beginning they are hard yes but after using them for a while, they'll get soft but of course, it depends on people their head shapes. I like the stock ones because of the same colors and shades. But I wish I could use 770V pads but too scared to destroy it.
Gently pull earpads from HP, I've switched mine 25 times for ear pads comparsion, including removing plastic snap ring and nothing went destroyed.

Jan 14, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #479 of 785
Is somewhere FR chart of Amiron wireless? Thx.

Jan 14, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #480 of 785

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get used to the sound, as they say. I ended up sending them back. I didn't want to fuss with spending another $50+ on new pads in an attempt to improve the sound to my liking. Not a big deal, as there are lots of people who really like them, and other options for people who don't feel the same.

~Ex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back