Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Feb 19, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #316 of 784
Really? So Beyer did it for you? I basically want it to be a Wireless DT-1770. Pleather cups and the headband (I think dt 1770 and 1990 have the same one) sounds amazing. Any idea how it is done? It was just the headband, right? Not the metal part inside the headband. Not sure what you call that.

Feb 20, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #317 of 784
The t5p.2 are nearly the same size. I would not say they are more portable than the Amiron. Yes, their cups are a bit smaller, but not by much.
There's actually quite a bit of difference in the cup depth, with the Amiron Wireless cups being much deeper to house the electronics. And although there's only 30g difference in weight, it does make a difference IMO. Plus the 'pleather' cups on the T5p.2 are much better at isolating yourself from external sounds, compared to the fabric pads of the Amiron's.

Feb 20, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #318 of 784
I do agree with the isolation. I'm going to try pleather cups and see what the result is.

Feb 20, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #319 of 784
Really? So Beyer did it for you? I basically want it to be a Wireless DT-1770. Pleather cups and the headband (I think dt 1770 and 1990 have the same one) sounds amazing. Any idea how it is done? It was just the headband, right? Not the metal part inside the headband. Not sure what you call that.
Well, technically it wasn’t Beyerdynamic, it was their authorized repair center here in the US. But anyone who knows how to fix these things and has access to the necessary parts should be able to do it, I suppose.

To be clear, the wraparound pleather headband is just for looks. The key bit for better clamping force is, of course, the metal inside of it. And yes, 1770 and 1990 are identical, I believe.

When you say “cups” you mean the ear pads, not the actual outside cups, correct?

Feb 20, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #320 of 784
Sorry, yes. I mean the ear pads.

Feb 23, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #321 of 784
Finally actually got the Amiron Wireless. As a wireless headphone, it is top notch, but I do prefer the sound when wired. I sold my t5p.2 to buy these, and am glad I did. I prefer these as a wired closed back to the T5p.2. Comparing the Home to the wireless, the Home is more detailed and fuller, but I think the difference is primarily open back vs closed back. The Home have a bit more treble extension and a bit wider soundstage, and just have that open sound, as you would expect, but the wireless still sound really good wired, even despite the fact that they come with a garbage cable (anyone have eyes on a 4.4mm cable for these?).

Comparing them to the XM3's, they have a much wider soundstage. The Sony sounds compressed in comparison with med-level tonality. The Amiron wireless are wider with better treble extension, and greater clarity. The Xm3 are bassier, but with EQ on my ZX300, the AW are just fine in the bass department. Great phones.

I also prefer the AW headband and pads to the AH. The AH has jersey-like material, which the AW has microfiber pads (maybe?) and a headband with a woven material on the bottom. In an ideal world, I would swap those on to the home, and then put pleather pads and the DT 1770 head band on the AW. I don't know how to swap the headbands though, so that is probably unlikely, unless I pay a ton of money and send them to custom cans uk, which is unlikely.

Feb 23, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #322 of 784
Finally actually got the Amiron Wireless. As a wireless headphone, it is top notch, but I do prefer the sound when wired. I sold my t5p.2 to buy these, and am glad I did. I prefer these as a wired closed back to the T5p.2. Comparing the Home to the wireless, the Home is more detailed and fuller, but I think the difference is primarily open back vs closed back. The Home have a bit more treble extension and a bit wider soundstage, and just have that open sound, as you would expect, but the wireless still sound really good wired, even despite the fact that they come with a garbage cable (anyone have eyes on a 4.4mm cable for these?).

Comparing them to the XM3's, they have a much wider soundstage. The Sony sounds compressed in comparison with med-level tonality. The Amiron wireless are wider with better treble extension, and greater clarity. The Xm3 are bassier, but with EQ on my ZX300, the AW are just fine in the bass department. Great phones.

I also prefer the AW headband and pads to the AH. The AH has jersey-like material, which the AW has microfiber pads (maybe?) and a headband with a woven material on the bottom. In an ideal world, I would swap those on to the home, and then put pleather pads and the DT 1770 head band on the AW. I don't know how to swap the headbands though, so that is probably unlikely, unless I pay a ton of money and send them to custom cans uk, which is unlikely.

I’m sure there’s an authorized service center that can do the headband change for you. I paid less than US$100, and that included the parts, fwiw.

Feb 23, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #323 of 784
Was very impressed with new purchase until I ran the MIY profile via iPhone. Having done this, I now can't re-connect via bluetooth to the Bluesound Node 2i.

Have reset Amiron to factory settings, unpaired etc. and still unable to connect to the Node.

Whoah I also have the same issue, I lost connectivity to the Node 2i. Do you really think its the MIY app causing this? Did you ever figure out how to fix it?

Feb 23, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #324 of 784
I’m sure there’s an authorized service center that can do the headband change for you. I paid less than US$100, and that included the parts, fwiw.

Do I email Beyer directly to find out if this can be done?

Feb 23, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #325 of 784
Can you post pics of the modded Amiron? I'm curious?

Feb 23, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #326 of 784
5693C685-46A4-4CD4-BC46-9956E087787F.jpeg
A7BF0F0E-328A-4FA4-AAB4-37B3F88633B9.jpeg
AAB43920-78BE-4E72-96F0-A57CF9B91AF7.jpeg
Can you post pics of the modded Amiron? I'm curious?

Sure thing. Doesn’t look like much, I would say, though. :)

Feb 23, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #327 of 784
Cool. With black cups, that would look rad.

Feb 24, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #328 of 784
Even as is, I really like it, though it prefer the pleather. The rounds and the HM 5 pads for the DT 1770. Assume that's true doe this as well. I really like these wired with my ZX300. Just need a 4.4 ended cable for the balanced port.

Feb 25, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #329 of 784
Whoah I also have the same issue, I lost connectivity to the Node 2i. Do you really think its the MIY app causing this? Did you ever figure out how to fix it?
Hi T J,
I contacted Beyerdynamic and explained what had happened. The advice they gave me was:-

Hello Paul,
please delete your list of devices in your player and try it again to pair both units. If there are more than 8 devices in the list it will be not possible to have one more.
AND
can you check if it's possible to connect another mobile phone without the app? Is this working? Please deinsatll the app and try it again.

I followed their instructions and still could not connect with the Node 2i. I then returned the headphones.

To make matters worse I then bought Nuraphones and, after running their Nura app, I have the same problem! I can only assume the fault lies with Bluesound software!. Consequently, I raised the issue with the Bluesound Support Crew and they asked me to do another factory reset. I did as requested and still can't connect. Bluesound then responded:-

Hi Paul
Thanks for getting back to us.
We will be passing these details over to our Quality Assurance Team and will get back to you with further details once developments are made.

So I am now unable to use the Nuraphones with the Node 2i. Fortunately, I also have a Vault 2i and have connected up to that and they are working fine BUT I daren't run the Nura app as this will most likely stop the connection!

In summary, it would appear that BT headphones will work fine with Node or Vault on the initial setup BUT if you subsequently run the MIY or Nura apps on an iPhone then connection difficulties will arise when you try to re-connect with Bluesound stuff.

Just to clarify, if you run the MIY or Nura apps prior to any connection with Bluesound then all's okay.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #330 of 784
Hi T J,
I contacted Beyerdynamic and explained what had happened. The advice they gave me was:-

Hello Paul,
please delete your list of devices in your player and try it again to pair both units. If there are more than 8 devices in the list it will be not possible to have one more.
AND
can you check if it's possible to connect another mobile phone without the app? Is this working? Please deinsatll the app and try it again.

I followed their instructions and still could not connect with the Node 2i. I then returned the headphones.

To make matters worse I then bought Nuraphones and, after running their Nura app, I have the same problem! I can only assume the fault lies with Bluesound software!. Consequently, I raised the issue with the Bluesound Support Crew and they asked me to do another factory reset. I did as requested and still can't connect. Bluesound then responded:-

Hi Paul
Thanks for getting back to us.
We will be passing these details over to our Quality Assurance Team and will get back to you with further details once developments are made.

So I am now unable to use the Nuraphones with the Node 2i. Fortunately, I also have a Vault 2i and have connected up to that and they are working fine BUT I daren't run the Nura app as this will most likely stop the connection!

In summary, it would appear that BT headphones will work fine with Node or Vault on the initial setup BUT if you subsequently run the MIY or Nura apps on an iPhone then connection difficulties will arise when you try to re-connect with Bluesound stuff.

Just to clarify, if you run the MIY or Nura apps prior to any connection with Bluesound then all's okay.

Thanks for your reply.
So it seems like Beyerdynamic doesn't know what you're talking about.
And you pretty much got the same response from Bluesound that I got after I exchanged a view emails with them about it.

I had been waiting for a firmware update to the Node 2i, hoping that it may reset its own bluetooth configuration.
For now I'm using a Aventree Oasis Plus connected to my Node 2i to get the AptX HD connection.
It sucks because I upgraded from the Node 2 to the Node 2i just so I could connect my Amiron Wireless to it. But now it makes no difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back