Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Feb 18, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #301 of 784
I wouldn't use either Amiron Wireless or Sony 1000XM3 for the gym. Amiron Wireless is heavy and has very loose fit, I'd be afraid of them falling off my head, Sony 1000XM3 would be secure enough to stay put, but they get very warm even when not exercising, if you're going to be breaking sweat in the gym 1000xm3 would be torture.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #302 of 784
I use the XM3 daily in the gym. It's fine. DT 1770 was clunky but fine overall. They have great isolation, and sound great. I prefer them to the T5p.2.

Feb 19, 2019 at 2:14 AM Post #303 of 784
I’d be less worried about my ears getting hot than literally ruining any expensive (for the gym!) set of XM3’s. I’ve killed a large number of headphones with my sweat before, as I sweat profusely. :sweat_smile:

For that reason I tend to only use cheaper BT over ears at the gym if I’m using over ears at all. (I typically used wired IEM’s with my ES100 Bluetooth receiver instead.)

The surprising exception to my sweat killing over ears was the Sony MDR-ZX770BT, which withstood over a year of heavy gym usage and kept right on ticking...

Feb 19, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #304 of 784
I sweat, but not a ton, and when I do, I stop to wipe down every few minutes. I had the DT 1770's for over a y wr with no issues.

Feb 19, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #305 of 784
I miss the Dt 1770's. Wish I had kept them. I just sold my T5.2. Had them for a week, and hated them!

Feb 19, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #306 of 784
I miss the Dt 1770's. Wish I had kept them. I just sold my T5.2. Had them for a week, and hated them!
The 1770’s are awesome. And I agree, they’re a damn-sight more ‘likeable’ than the T5.2 :smile_phones:
You gotta ‘give credit where credit’s due’ though, and the T5.2 can often take your breath away, in a way that the 1770’s can’t. But it’s not very often! lol
I actually think the best cans in the Beyer range by far are the 1990’s. They’re just almost peerless.

Feb 19, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #307 of 784
I've only heard those at the RMAF, and it was too loud to really have much of a take away. They are bette than the Amiron Home? I love those. They just sound so ... amazing!

Feb 19, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #308 of 784
I've only heard those at the RMAF, and it was too loud to really have much of a take away. They are bette than the Amiron Home? I love those. They just sound so ... amazing!
IMO, the 1990’s eclipse the Amiron Home’s. However, they have very different characters.
The Amiron’s are more ‘laid back’, and are actually easier to listen to over long sesssions. However, and again IMO, the 1990’s are more exhilarating, and get my ‘foot tapping’ more. However, it is probably just down to personal choice between these two.

Feb 19, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #309 of 784

Why did you hate them? I've been considering them but maybe I should not. Amiron Wireless seems to be a better choice.

Feb 19, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #310 of 784
Lacked the same level of clarity, really. I like a V, but it was a heavier V with bloated bass and too much treble. It sounds like a pair of beats. Hated them. Some people live them. I don't see it. I want a more resolving headphone.

Feb 19, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #311 of 784
Why did you hate them? I've been considering them but maybe I should not. Amiron Wireless seems to be a better choice.
Remember, Amiron Wireless are Wireless (obviously), and T5p.2 are wired. They have fundamentally different ‘applications’. And fundamentally different sonic signatures. Given a ‘choice’, I would choose the Amiron’s. BUT the T5p.2 are very, very good in their own way...

Feb 19, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #312 of 784
Remember, Amiron Wireless are Wireless (obviously), and T5p.2 are wired. They have fundamentally different ‘applications’. And fundamentally different sonic signatures. Given a ‘choice’, I would choose the Amiron’s. BUT the T5p.2 are very, very good in their own way...

True but they are both closed back and full size Tesla headphones, and many people prefer Amiron Wireless over T5P 2nd gen so I do not think they have different applications. They are both full sized transportable headphones. Amiron Wireless just have an added feature which is wireless connection.

Feb 19, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #313 of 784
So I do not think they have different applications. They are both full sized transportable headphones. Amiron Wireless just have an added feature which is wireless connection.
I disagree. The Amiron Wireless are far from portable, IMO. They are bulky and heavy, and are not ‘travel friendly’. The T5p.2 are. There’s the difference.

Feb 19, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #314 of 784
The t5p.2 are nearly the same size. I would not say they are more portable than the Amiron. Yes, their cups are a bit smaller, but not by much.

Feb 19, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #315 of 784
What your guys thoughts on modding? Anyone tried to swap the headband? Curious if I can make these gym friendly with a different headband and different cups.

I've done the mod and I'm very happy with it. Cost me I think somewhere in the $70 range or so. I had sent them in for service (the swivel hinges were giving me creaky noise) and while the service center wasn't able to fix that, they were happy to order the headband for the DT-1990 as a replacement part and swap that out. Stronger clamping force, and frankly the leather is also nicer than the weird cushion on the original. I also swapped out the ear pads for the standard velour ones for the DT-770 series and voila, less muffled, brighter sound. Very happy with them now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back