Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Feb 14, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #286 of 784
BTW does anyone else encounter an issue where if you had your headphones on for a while and you want to switch them off, they switch off, and then switch immediately back on as if I held the power button for too long (except I didn't)? Essentially I hear "Power Off" and then immediately "Power On" "Your headphones Connected". Then I have to press and hold the power button to switch them off again and it works the second time, they switch off for good.

I reported this to beyerdynamic in May 2018. I was promised a new firmware, which never happened. Later last year I complained about FW issues on their Facebook page and was told that no firmware was planned.
Really sad and rather unacceptable in this day and age. If I bought them here I would have turned them in for repair long ago, just to see them squirm.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #287 of 784
That's a real shame. Their MIY app is super buggy as well, which shows how much Beyerdynamic cares (apparently very little), but at least I don't have to use the app on a daily basis. With the headphones, switching on and off is a basic function, it's astonishing they couldn't get such a basic functionality right.

On another unrelated note, the yokes on Amiron Wireless do not have enough range of movement to be really comfortable for my head - the top of the earpads puts a lot more pressure than the bottom making them sort of uncomfortable. I want to bend the yokes a bit more to even out the earpad pressure, but I cannot separate the yokes from the headband. Does anyone know how? All the other Beyerdynamic headphones have screws to take the headband apart and pull out the yokes, from what I understand Amiron series use plastic clips to hold it together. I have not been able to easily pry them apart and I'm afraid to use too much force for the fear of breaking them. Has anyone been able to take Amiron headband apart?

Feb 14, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #288 of 784
This is really new territory for them, you know? They have not been a tech company like Sony. They are a headphone company. They are just dipping their toes into this, and they will make mistakes (the Aventho are one giant mistake, and are horrible headphones). I am confident that they will fix the issues they are having. With their new Byrd series and the Lagoon, they are trying to go mainstream. More revenue means more resources, and expanded opportunities.

Feb 14, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #289 of 784
Lagoon cost a lot less than the Amiron.
The Amiron are literally the most expensive bluetooth headphones (or at least they were last year).
They had _zero_ firmware updates.
Yes, Aventho might be bad, but they fixed at least some of the issues with firmware updates.

Feb 14, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #290 of 784
I understand that. I am saying that these are growing pains. I think they will get resolved, but that there will be some patience involved. Working at a company that is transitioning, I know how that goes.

Feb 14, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #291 of 784
This is really new territory for them, you know? They have not been a tech company like Sony. They are a headphone company. They are just dipping their toes into this, and they will make mistakes (the Aventho are one giant mistake, and are horrible headphones). I am confident that they will fix the issues they are having. With their new Byrd series and the Lagoon, they are trying to go mainstream. More revenue means more resources, and expanded opportunities.
I get that. I think it's reasonable to expect a few stumbles when creating brand new product line of wireless headphones.

However, I think it is unacceptable that Beyerdynamic decided to not provide firmware fix for Amiron Wireless power button issue. I believe they provided firmware update for Aventho to make it compatible with MIY app. Why not provide firmware update for Amiron Wireless to fix power button?

Feb 14, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #293 of 784
I don't disagree. They should do it, ultimately, and some pressure should be put on them by owners to keep it on their radar.

Feb 17, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #295 of 784
I know that this has been done to some extent in this thread, but could we please have more comparisons between Amiron Wireless and T5P.2 in terms of sound signature? Does it retain much of the T5P signature? I have the T5P already, and I like them, but they are too warm and congested for classical. Would the Amiron be any different, ie be more neutral and open sounding?

Many thanks!

Feb 17, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #296 of 784
Amiron is much better, IMO.

What your guys thoughts on modding? Anyone tried to swap the headband? Curious if I can make these gym friendly with a different headband and different cups.

Feb 18, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #297 of 784
Amiron is much better, IMO.

What your guys thoughts on modding? Anyone tried to swap the headband? Curious if I can make these gym friendly with a different headband and different cups.
I can NEVER imagine the Amiron Wireless being ‘gym friendly’. Too heavy and bulky!
What don’t you just buy a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3 for the gym? Unbeatable!

Feb 18, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #298 of 784
I know that this has been done to some extent in this thread, but could we please have more comparisons between Amiron Wireless and T5P.2 in terms of sound signature? Does it retain much of the T5P signature? I have the T5P already, and I like them, but they are too warm and congested for classical. Would the Amiron be any different, ie be more neutral and open sounding?

Many thanks!
The Amiron Wirelsss and T5P/2 are like ‘chalk and cheese’. Completely different in their sonic signatures.
The T5P/2 are clearly superior in their mids, which sound quite recessed in comparison on the Amiron Wireless.
The T5P/2 also have a ‘taughter’ lower-end, and sound ‘faster’ than the Amiron Wireless which sound quite bloated in comparison.
Which you prefer is personal choice. The Amiron Wireless are an easier listen and more laid-back, but for pure performance and exhilaration, the T5P/2 are the ones!

Feb 18, 2019 at 2:59 AM Post #299 of 784
Hello,

Is there competitor for ~ $700

Also as I understand it has dac inside? does it matter if its high quality dap or just phone sending data via bt?

Appreciated,
The Amiron Wireless has a built-in DAC. The ‘quality’ of the DAC in be sending DAP/‘phone is irrelevant, as you’re connecting wirelessly.
What is relevant is the BT codec used to relay/send the signal to the headphones. It must be sent as Apt-X/HD for it to sound as good as it can with the Amiron Wireless.

Feb 18, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #300 of 784
I can NEVER imagine the Amiron Wireless being ‘gym friendly’. Too heavy and bulky!
What don’t you just buy a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3 for the gym? Unbeatable!

I have a pair. I used to use DT 1770s with an es100 and it worked just fine, though agree it was bulky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back