Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Nov 24, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #226 of 784
My Amiron Wireless has suddenly stopped working. Was on and working then suddenly turned off and now it won't turn on at all. Tried all sorts of different chargers (even though it wasn't low on charge when it turned off) and button combinations, but light in main button won't even turn on. So I can't even turn them on to try a factory reset.

Any advice?

Nov 28, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #227 of 784
I snagged a used (like new) Audio Technica ATH-DWL5000 RF headphones system for a steal of a price from Yahoo Japan auctions... This thing is literally in like new condition and was produced in 2007! However, the biggest eye opener was how good this thing sounds. It sounds just as good, if not better than my new FOCAL Elegia. Who knew wireless headphones sounded so good! I did more research on the DWL5000 and discovered that they retailed for over $1000 when they were released in 2007. Now I am more interested in what good wireless headphones can do. This discovery has got me curious and now I want to try the Amiron home Wireless, I will be floored if it sounds better than this ATH-DWL5000, as I think this sounds better than my Focal Elegia.

Nov 28, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #228 of 784
Honestly I prefer the Amiron wireless over the elegia. It's more of a sound signature/tonality preference as opposed to a technical one as they are both fantastic headphones. A great plus for the Amiron wireless is that it sounds the same or better wired, definitely better from a good amp/DAC.

Dec 3, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #230 of 784
Maybe I missed this, but why are you selling them?

Dec 6, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #233 of 784
Just my story with Amiron wireless. I wanted the best wireless headphones and started with significant budget.
I have tested and tried almost all the wireless headphones. (Except the ATH-DSR9BT)

I bought Amiron wireless, returned it due to its size. I figured wireless just does not cut it for me and then got an iSine 20 and AQ NightOwl both of which are keepers for their own unique SQ. But in the end I ended up buying the Amiron wireless again as I was missing its energy/dynamics and wireless nature. These are miles ahead of anything wireless in my opinion. Amazing headphones to use at work and home.

What I have found is the wired headphones really need an amp to shine, iSine20 ofcourse works amazing with the cipher cable. Even ES100 does not do justice to my NO, I feel. I just dont have that kind of space/time/money to setup a fixed amp or a handheld amp/player. Amiron is kind of best of both worlds, as it has a custom DAC/amp built in and really makes the headphones shine.
Second for wireless? B&W PX but Amirons are in a different league altogether. I also liked the MW07 from Master and Dynamics if you want truly wireless earbuds.

You can be patient and pick these up for 600$ at Amazon (since they drop prices everyday for these until they sell out), for that price it is a steal.

Update: Ended up returning them:triportsad: I decided to wait for more reviews to come out. I am still new to this so I ended up getting some beginner stuff - HE400 (used) + FiiO Q5 to try out open back headphones. While the sound stage is better and wider on the Amiron wireless, HE400's bass won me over. Still I miss them, maybe after some community adoption and feedback I might even go back to the Amiron wireless!

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #234 of 784
Good note. Thanks for sharing.

Dec 7, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #235 of 784
One thing I find oddly satisfying about the Amiron wireless is how the cups rumble when bass and even low midrange plays. If I put my fingers on the cups, I can really feel the notes. This is of course reflected in the sound of the bass itself, which is outstanding. It doesn't have the slam of the TH-900's sub-bass (nothing does lol), but every bass frequency above that (which is where most songs are) is top tier.

These headphones really deserve more recognition, at least that's my impression. :)

Dec 9, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #237 of 784
Anyone have any recommendations for an Apt-X HD transmitter?
I’ve just picked these up, and I like what I hear via Apt-X, but want to hear the best that these are capable of.

Dec 10, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #239 of 784
You should note that it is already aptx HD. You would only need a transmitter if you wanted to go LDAC.

Dec 10, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #240 of 784
Oasis Plus. Great little device with amazing range.
Cheers for this :beyersmile:
Is there a big difference between the Apt-X signal, and the Apt-X HD signal, with High-Res files as a source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back