Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
May 8, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #93 of 785
Last edited:
May 8, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #95 of 785
It comes with a regular cable and a USB c for charging. It's in the spec page I believe.

May 8, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #96 of 785
Yes, you can. Testing it right now. Works as you'd expect: open box > plug in cable > play music.

Thanks for info, but are you sure that battery is totally discharged? I am asking because a lot of BT headphones can work only when battery is charged even with plugged audio cable. For example most of noice-cancelling headphones. So I think that these also must be charged, because they use some kind of sound adjustment via Beyerdynamic MIY app, which can create a personal sound profile. Could you check it, please?

May 8, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #97 of 785
Thanks for info, but are you sure that battery is totally discharged? I am asking because a lot of BT headphones can work only when battery is charged even with plugged audio cable. For example most of noice-cancelling headphones. So I think that these also must be charged, because they use some kind of sound adjustment via Beyerdynamic MIY app, which can create a personal sound profile. Could you check it, please?
Hi. No, the battery is most certainly NOT totally discharged, but the headphones are switched off and I have no indication that the wired use is using (or requires) any battery power. I understand your thinking re: sound profile adjustment but I can't yet comment on that -- I haven't had time to set up any profiles yet. I've just unpacked the box 2 hours ago. I'll follow up w/ more details when I have them (unless someone else does before me).

May 8, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #98 of 785
What cord and adapter did you use ? I may end up in this direction with my 1770's. For some reason, I was thinking I needed a Mini XLR to 3.5 adapter, but that's silly. Wonder if I can do this the AK xb10.
No adapter, really. Just a really short cable, similar to the ones you got with your headphones. I simply bought a mini XLR connector (Neutrik makes good ones) and soldered it onto a short end of the cable I snipped off the headphones before the modification... If you swipe through the images I posted on Instagram and read through the description it should be clear. If you try doing this with your 1770s make sure to use a higher powered Bluetooth dongle. The FiiO BTR-1 is not really strong enough for the 1770s (or the 1990s, which I have and tried it out on). The Bluewave Get might work for you in that regard.

May 8, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #99 of 785
Hi. No, the battery is most certainly NOT totally discharged, but the headphones are switched off and I have no indication that the wired use is using (or requires) any battery power. I understand your thinking re: sound profile adjustment but I can't yet comment on that -- I haven't had time to set up any profiles yet. I've just unpacked the box 2 hours ago. I'll follow up w/ more details when I have them (unless someone else does before me).

thanks for your first impressions, I will be looking forward for next info :)

May 9, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #100 of 785

Thanks for the first impressions! Is the sound the same using 3.5mm cable with the phone off to when compared to when it is on, considering the integrated DAC etc will be off then? Some other headphones (B&W PX I think?) sound significantly worse when they are switched off used with 3.5mm.

Also, can you use the USB cable for music too? Like when you plug it into your pc for example.

Another review up at https://audio46.com/beyerdynamic-amiron-wireless-review/. Early reports looking good so far.

Last edited:
May 9, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #101 of 785
Alright, friends... a few more impressions.

Wireless use: paired with an iPhone X. The hearing test took about 8-10min. If you have done one before with the Mimi app, you can just log in and retrieve that test result (saving you time). Activating that personal profile then makes the headphones sound fuller, and more detailed to my ears. Also: louder. I’ve settled on leaving the personal profile activated at 60%.

Wired use: I plugged them into a Mojo, alongside my DT-1990s to compare them off the same source. The DT-1990 does sound a bit wider, as you might expect from an open backed headphone. But in wired use, the Amiron Wireless is incredibly close to the DT-1990. When the wire gets plugged into the Amiron, the Bluetooth source is automatically turned off. While listening to a wired source, the toggling of the personal profile settings in the MIY app does nothing. Yes, the app communicates with the headphone via Bluetooth, but the wired music is not affected. If you turn off (or on) the bluetooth function while listening to a wired source, that also makes no difference. Granted, my wired playback test via Mojo sounded about as full as the wireless playback of Bluetooth + personal profile (probably owing to Mojo‘s quality). But since toggling settings made no difference during playback, I don’t think that the personal profile is being applied to any of the wired source. It really seems these are straight-up passive headphones in wired mode — and great ones at that.

Anecdotally, if you’re into sparkly highs: ditch the stock velour ear pads and replace them with Dekoni Audio Fenestrated Sheepskin ones. Makes a world of difference.

Hope this helps some of you guys.

Andreas

May 12, 2018 at 6:24 AM Post #103 of 785
Is the isolation any better than poor 1770 or t5p? Or just another HP for home use only, where you can have 20k stereo anyway?

Your definition of home use assumes you’re not in an old apt building with... neighbors. :wink: Joking aside — I don’t have either of those two models but I can say it seems about comparable to DT-770 when used on the NYC subway.

May 12, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #104 of 785
Your definition of home use assumes you’re not in an old apt building with... neighbors. :wink: Joking aside — I don’t have either of those two models but I can say it seems about comparable to DT-770 when used on the NYC subway.
Yeah my neighbours listen to good music with me.

DT770s isolates well, that's promising, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back