Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Jan 22, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #2,341 of 2,668
I cannot comment on the DT880.

The Amiron Home and T1.2 have sound signatures that are much more different than you might expect from the graphs or the same technology. Both are great in their own right.

The T1.2 wins clearly on spaciousness.
The Amiron Home is much more engaging to me.

In terms of value for money, the Amiron wins. I keep going between the two of them, and will be keeping them both.
Thanks for your response.

Im trying to get an more bright less warm heaphone for my collection.

The most of my dynamics (sony x1r, ERZETICH mania, ibasso sr2) are warm.
So thats why I think about 880 of beyer, but Im looking for a detachabale/balanced cable variant.

I want something detailed, not bassy and details on the high frequencies.

Jan 22, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #2,342 of 2,668

So thats why I think about 880 of beyer, but Im looking for a detachabale/balanced cable variant.

Based on your description of what you want, the DT-1990 might be a better choice from the Beyerdynamic catalog of headphones. The Amiron is tuned more for smoother / fuller response where the DT series is tuned more for the analytical (studio) sound. The DT-880 might get you there, but if you have the budget, the DT-1990 is an excellent choice.

Jan 22, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #2,343 of 2,668
Based on your description of what you want, the DT-1990 might be a better choice from the Beyerdynamic catalog of headphones. The Amiron is tuned more for smoother / fuller response where the DT series is tuned more for the analytical (studio) sound. The DT-880 might get you there, but if you have the budget, the DT-1990 is an excellent choice.
Not balanced

Jan 22, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #2,345 of 2,668

The Ananda meets that criteria. It also EQs excellently if you decide you want to add some bass.

Feb 10, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #2,347 of 2,668
This T90 in the title, can some users shade some light on it? How does it sound? And what if comparing to Amiron Home? The T90 has been intriguing me for a while and I found a seller selling one.

Mar 14, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #2,348 of 2,668
This T90 in the title, can some users shade some light on it? How does it sound? And what if comparing to Amiron Home? The T90 has been intriguing me for a while and I found a seller selling one.
I think the T90 is sharper overall as one of my friends commented before that he prefers the Amiron Homes over them.

Mar 14, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #2,349 of 2,668
I think the T90 is sharper overall as one of my friends commented before that he prefers the Amiron Homes over them.
I have the T90 and indeed, the Amiron Home is much better. I only use the T90 when I want to hear hidden microdetails.

Mar 16, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #2,350 of 2,668
I disliked older Beyers for being too V shaped. I just heard these on a Schiit Heresy with a plain 144/16 CD player and streamer 96/16.

They are V shaped, but at low volumes, its not much of an issue. Its not just Row A, it's the Orchestra Pit. But reasonable timbre and definition - in particular for the money. At volume there were a few sharper bits, but considering I was expecting an assault - its well short of that.

My preferences are elsewhere but if you are looking for a warmer relaxing can to go with something more technical and you don't want to break the bank there are a number of choices that don't beat this.

Mar 16, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #2,351 of 2,668
I disliked older Beyers for being too V shaped. I just heard these on a Schiit Heresy with a plain 144/16 CD player and streamer 96/16.

They are V shaped, but at low volumes, its not much of an issue. Its not just Row A, it's the Orchestra Pit. But reasonable timbre and definition - in particular for the money. At volume there were a few sharper bits, but considering I was expecting an assault - its well short of that.

My preferences are elsewhere but if you are looking for a warmer relaxing can to go with something more technical and you don't want to break the bank there are a number of choices that don't beat this.
Most of the newer Beyers are pretty tame. I haven't heard an overly sharp sounding Beyer in a long time. The DT 700/900 Pro X are quite neutral and pretty tame treble wise. The Amiron Home is still somewhat zesty, especially at louder volumes but honestly an excellent value especially if one likes a warm v-shaped or listens at lower to moderate listening levels. The T1.2 (late production) and T1.3 (a bit of a basshead can) are even tamer. The T5.3 I found to be rolled off in the treble and didn't have any hint of treble sharpness.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #2,352 of 2,668
The Amiron Home is still somewhat zesty, especially at louder volumes but honestly an excellent value especially if one likes a warm v-shaped or listens at lower to moderate listening levels.

Agreed, these cans represent very good value given their retail price and they scale really well with amps.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Apr 15, 2023 at 3:52 AM Post #2,353 of 2,668
I got the Amiron Home yesterday. Damn these are a steal for $300 new on Amazon from an authorized BeyerDynamic seller! I prefer these over Meze 109 and Auteur. No treble fatigue with my Valhalla2 or Burson Conductor 3P.

I would like better pads that seal a little better. What are some options that are readily available in the US? I'm leaning toward Beyer 770VB, but I'm open to other options that might bump up the bass without changing the treble.

Thanks for any links, some of the ones earlier in this thread are no longer available.

Apr 15, 2023 at 4:46 AM Post #2,354 of 2,668
I found the pads break in over time, takes a while though. Swapping them without changing the sound might be difficult.

These days I adore these headphones. I took me nearly a year to get used to them but now I can't take them off anymore and they are my daily driver since nearly a year. I even stopped bothering for other headphones but sometime still use the HD650. The Amiron makes everything sound gorgeous without sounding wrong. It colours everything warm but keeps a natural timbre which is a rare trade in headphone. It resolves rythm and body in a way very few other headphones manage.
In a A-B swap most other high end headphones sound more impressive with their attention to detail but after 10 minutes listening I'm usually back with the Amirons because of their attention to the music.
I run them from the RME ADI 2 DAC FS and find the clean and detailed sound suits them. They are great on Valhalla 2, too.

May 7, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #2,355 of 2,668
I'm still looking for some better pads. The balanced EDT 990VB pads are available on Amazon. Has anyone tried to fit them, or the EDT 990VA on their Amirons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back