Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Mar 1, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #616 of 2,668
Even less helpful maybe but to me the T90 is easily the best looking of the bunch.

Dont like the new Amiron look or the naff naming system (see also 'Byron'?!??). Give me a teutonic numbering and classic style any day of the week. Beyer were a company that changed very very slowly and ignored fashion & I've always appreciated that

Mar 1, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #617 of 2,668
Beyerdynamic has always take a utilitarian approach to design, which is refreshing in a way. The Amiron is simple in design but the sole purpose is ultimate comfort. I happen to like the look. But sound quality takes precedence over aesthetics. I have a DT150, which is as unstylish as you can get but sounds amazing for the price.

Mar 1, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #618 of 2,668
Even less helpful maybe but to me the T90 is easily the best looking of the bunch.

Dont like the new Amiron look or the naff naming system (see also 'Byron'?!??). Give me a teutonic numbering and classic style any day of the week. Beyer were a company that changed very very slowly and ignored fashion & I've always appreciated that

​Isnt it interesting how taste varies.  I agree with your comments on the Amiron looks but my preference is for the DT1990pro by looks along.  Funny old world :)

Mar 1, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #620 of 2,668
What the heck does Amiron even mean? Maybe it's dedicated to someone that worked at the company, who knows. I don't care one bit what they are called. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for most headphone names anyway.

Mar 1, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #621 of 2,668
What the heck does Amiron even mean? Maybe it's dedicated to someone that worked at the company, who knows. I don't care one bit what they are called. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for most headphone names anyway.

LOL, google amiron and you get these headphones or a type of cardiac drug.

Mar 1, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #622 of 2,668

​Isnt it interesting how taste varies.  I agree with your comments on the Amiron looks but my preference is for the DT1990pro by looks along.  Funny old world :)

Yes it is. I like the Amiron's looks, they have grown on me, but honestly the DT 1990's are some of the best looking Beyers to me. I also really like the T1 more than the T90, the T1 is very attractive in person imho, just wished it had a sound signature more to my liking. But I also like the look of the very utilitarian phones such as the DT 100(even the white ones) and DT 150. I'm actually very forgiving of the looks of headphones. Some headphones it's simply a color thing, for example I don't like how the silver HD 800 looks like much but I like how the black HD 800 S looks like.

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #623 of 2,668
Seriously ?  A whole conversation on what the headphone is called ?  Get a grip.  That's like saying I like the Porsche Carrera but I wish they had called it the 929.  Is it honestly something to get het up about ?  What matters is build quality and sound reproduction.  Lets keep it real.

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #624 of 2,668
Agree - Cayman, Macan, Cayenne ?!?!

A fine example of a once great German manufacturer that's lost the plot and sold out going from numbers to silly names and terrible style (nevermind moving into market area where they should not be)  

Ferdinand must be spinning in his grave.

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #625 of 2,668
  Agree - Cayman, Macan, Cayenne ?!?!

A fine example of a once great German manufacturer that's lost the plot and sold out going from numbers to silly names and terrible style (nevermind moving into market area where they should not be)  

Ferdinand must be spinning in his grave.

​Its called progress; moving forward; not living in the past; not being OCD about staying the same. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #626 of 2,668
Well if the word 'progress' is the one that springs to mind when you see those 2 photos then I feel a little sad.

Don't worry though I'm in a tiny minority that sees very little that's truly great in the modern world (especially design) cheers☺

Mar 2, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #627 of 2,668
Well if the word 'progress' is the one that springs to mind when you see those 2 photos then I feel a little sad.

Don't worry though I'm in a tiny minority that sees very little that's truly great in the modern world (especially design) cheers☺

​Your photos don't give a fair comparison.  The older style Porsches are still available.  They have just added a different "genre" to the stable.  It makes me sad when people want to wallow in the past rather than look at new innovation.

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #628 of 2,668
@CBonUK I will be able to compare the Fostex TH-610 to the Amiron for you soon :) 

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #629 of 2,668
  @CBonUK I will be able to compare the Fostex TH-610 to the Amiron for you soon :) 

Nice. I'm super curious about the TH-610. I demo'ed the TH-600 some time ago and it had probably the best and most enjoyable soundstage of any headphone I've heard and I've heard a lot. Not only did it have tons of width, it had just as much depth. It was like the music was stretched out on a rounded screen in front of you that stretched from one edge of your periphery to the other. It blew me away. I've heard that the soundstage and positioning is pretty great on these Amirons. I'd love to hear how they compare to the TH-610, assuming the TH-610 has the same kind of soundstage its predecessor had. I suspect the TH-610 will beat the Amiron handily, at least in soundstage *depth* and realism. Let us know! Thanks.

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #630 of 2,668

Nice. I'm super curious about the TH-610. I demo'ed the TH-600 some time ago and it had probably the best and most enjoyable soundstage of any headphone I've heard and I've heard a lot. Not only did it have tons of width, it had just as much depth. It was like the music was stretched out on a rounded screen in front of you that stretched from one edge of your periphery to the other. It blew me away. I've heard that the soundstage and positioning is pretty great on these Amirons. I'd love to hear how they compare to the TH-610, assuming the TH-610 has the same kind of soundstage its predecessor had. I suspect the TH-610 will beat the Amiron handily, at least in soundstage *depth* and realism. Let us know! Thanks.

I haven't heard the TH-610 yet, plan to soon but going by what I've heard on other Fostex's(and Denon's) that use the pads the TH-610 uses, the sound is going to be warmer and more intimate than what is found on the TH-600 and TH-900(even better soundstaging than the TH600). Where I feel the new Tesla 2.0 Beyers(DT 1770, DT 1990, and Amiron) really shine is tonality, timbre, dynamics, and euphony. I find the Fostex phones in general are really good at soundstage depth and realism. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back