Beyerdynamic 990 Headband Issue
Sep 19, 2010 at 10:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

opus111

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

I own the latest 990 600ohm cans, and I love the sound!  Unfortunately, I don't love the headband.

I also own the older 990 pro and 880s.  I stuck with Beyerdynamic partly my old phones were super comfortable, and the replacable ear cups and padding are a bug plus.

Unfortunately, the new headband seems to press on the top of my head.  Its not horrible, but it does not float the way my older Beyers did.  The padding is much thinner and harder.  Also the band seems stiffer.

I was thinking of replacing the padding, with the padding from my old cans.  Unfortunately, it does not seem to be removable.  

Before I take a razor, and cut it off, does anyone have a better idea?  Has anyone else done this?  DId you have the same issue?  Did replacing the padding help?

Thanks in advance

Sep 19, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #2 of 3
The padding is held on with a sort of ziplock type seal. You should be able to remove it without destroying it if you find where the seam is.

Sep 20, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #3 of 3
Ah ha!  Thank you very much.

I popped off the headband, as you described, and popped on my old puffy 990 pro headband.  It was a bit tight, but after a brief struggle I now have nice puffy 990 600 ohms

Happy, happy :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back