Beyer Dynamic DT 990 PRO 250 OHM MOD!!!
Aug 12, 2013 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DerpCeption

New Head-Fier
Ok guys, I need help. I was wondering if anyone has done a mod on these headphones. Hell, even on the other OHm version would be fine. My main question was if someone has done a mod for them that made the ear cups more deep? Make the ears farther away from the driver? I do see that you could put something under the main Velour earpad. Maybe some coaxial wire and cover the sides around it with foam or something of that nature. Just something that would push the driver away from my ear. I think it would be a cool experiment and I may try it, but I decided that I should ask if anyone else has done it yet... And if so, they have done a successful job at it as well. [Thanks in ADVANCE] 

Aug 12, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Ok guys, I need help. I was wondering if anyone has done a mod on these headphones. Hell, even on the other OHm version would be fine. My main question was if someone has done a mod for them that made the ear cups more deep? Make the ears farther away from the driver? I do see that you could put something under the main Velour earpad. Maybe some coaxial wire and cover the sides around it with foam or something of that nature. Just something that would push the driver away from my ear. I think it would be a cool experiment and I may try it, but I decided that I should ask if anyone else has done it yet... And if so, they have done a successful job at it as well. [Thanks in ADVANCE] 

Well if your good with electronics, and you've got experince soddering and desoddering I'd say got for it, Just try to be detailed and realistic when you listen and if you post your finding, make sure you include as much detail [and pictures] as you can! 

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #3 of 4
Surprisingly enough, I do have a good amount of experience with Electronics, Soldering and all. Roger that Mshenay! The main point of this thread was like I said, see if someone else has done one, because if someone else has done a successful mod than it may be worth trying out someone elses. Also like you said, if I do make this a project in the near future, I will make sure to take clear photos of how to do it, step by step! Thanks for the advice.

Aug 12, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Surprisingly enough, I do have a good amount of experience with Electronics, Soldering and all. Roger that Mshenay! The main point of this thread was like I said, see if someone else has done one, because if someone else has done a successful mod than it may be worth trying out someone elses. Also like you said, if I do make this a project in the near future, I will make sure to take clear photos of how to do it, step by step! Thanks for the advice.

Also check out the Darth Byer Mod, that guy has used DEEP wooden cups to change the sound. http://www.headphile.com/page8.html that's the website. He might be willing to share with you what's he done! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back