Beyer Dynamic DT-770 (minor) issue
Jul 2, 2016 at 5:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Freddy1765

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I've got a sort of mechanical problem with my DT-770 Pros - this is not directly related to how they sound. What happens is the metal bar-thingy which is used to adjust the size of the headphones scrapes against the curved metal-thingy (where the headphones rest on my head) and makes a lot of noise. It's enough that my microphone picks it up, causing my friends on Skype to comment on it. It mostly happens when I'm chewing (I use these headphones at my computer, which entails a lot of gaming and also eating at my desk).

I've tried various fixes already (like duct-tape or wrapping the cord around the metal bar to prevent it from touching the curved thingy) but I haven't really been succesful yet. I realise this may seem like a non-issue, but it really is quite aggravating. If anyone has had any similar experiences or has an idea for a quick fix, I'd love to hear it.

The issue is, in a nutshell, that the metal bar moves around too much - somehow I need to prevent it from swerving and coming into contact with the curved metal bit on top.

Photo attached below to give an idea of what I mean.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Jul 7, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #2 of 3
Move that cable to the very edge on the left in that photo and see if that helps - that is, have it run along the side of the steel band instead of underneath and in the middle of it.

Jul 7, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #3 of 3
To reduce "metal contact", I folded a post-it around the "metal bar-thingy". Bar can now move without touching the "curved metal-thingy".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back