Beyer DT770 Pro/ 80 Detachable cable MOD
May 23, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #211 of 315
Hello guys, just did my mod. Do any of you noticed a change in the sound sinature after? I used a music as reference and after it is more bassy and the vocals more recessed, did I do something wrong? Does this make sense to you? can you point me about what did I do wrong?

You probably have the wiring wrong. Can you take a picture of the wiring? I can probably figure it out for you.

May 24, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #212 of 315
You probably have the wiring wrong. Can you take a picture of the wiring? I can probably figure it out for you.

Thank you! I'll be posting the pics in the next hour.

Now I just think it was a polacebo effect because everything look normal, and I noticed that the levels of the sound were different (someone must have used my computer for something) which could make me hear the music like that. But again, I could just get used to it by now. So yeah it will be really importante to me for you to see the wiring and say it is okay to me, if they are indeed :).

So, I'll be back shortly with the pics...

May 25, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #213 of 315
  Hello guys, just did my mod. Do any of you noticed a change in the sound sinature after? I used a music as reference and after it is more bassy and the vocals more recessed, did I do something wrong? Does this make sense to you? can you point me about what did I do wrong?

Could well be an air gap somewhere. Any extra hole in the cup will act like an additional bass port adding mode bass and overpowering the mids making them sound recessed. So check around the socket and bung up any holes with hot glue or something and if you changed the cable through the headband plug those holes as well and it should sort it out

May 25, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #214 of 315
@cCasper TFG
Sorry for the delay posting the pics but here they are. Open them up I noticed that my experience with the mode is not going well, one of the contacts unclue itself :frowning2: they sound good, nop damage (yet) but I am really scared, what should I do? The others Are a bit bended, I am lucky it was the middle one for now :frowning2:.

@jfunk
Humm I see, that could be the case I am still searching for someone with hot glue to lend me over :)

May 25, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #215 of 315
Ok I noticed it is not just unclued it was out of place, I put it back now looks like this

Should I worry? The thing closes really well, almost no pressure needed to do it, it was really surprising to see this. Bad manufacturer glue perhaps?

May 25, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #216 of 315
  @cCasper TFG
Sorry for the delay posting the pics but here they are. Open them up I noticed that my experience with the mode is not going well, one of the contacts unclue itself :frowning2: they sound good, nop damage (yet) but I am really scared, what should I do? The others Are a bit bended, I am lucky it was the middle one for now :frowning2:.

@jfunk
Humm I see, that could be the case I am still searching for someone with hot glue to lend me over :)

Don't worry too much about the middle contact coming loose as it is not really needed. I would recommend connecting the wires for the right ear directly to the socket and it is also worth putting some tape over the contacts or they may short against the metal on the socket when you close it.

The center contact is not connected to anything in the driver but the outer two are connected to the very fragile voice coil wires, I would not try to bend them back into shape as if they come away there is a chance of killing the driver  - a dab of glue on each to make sure they don't fall off would be an option if you are worried they are not attached properly any more

As for blocking up the gaps... hot glue is just one option... blu-tack or something would do the job until you can get your hands on a glue gun

May 25, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #217 of 315

Don't worry too much about the middle contact coming loose as it is not really needed. I would recommend connecting the wires for the right ear directly to the socket and it is also worth putting some tape over the contacts or they may short against the metal on the socket when you close it.

The center contact is not connected to anything in the driver but the outer two are connected to the very fragile voice coil wires, I would not try to bend them back into shape as if they come away there is a chance of killing the driver  - a dab of glue on each to make sure they don't fall off would be an option if you are worried they are not attached properly any more

As for blocking up the gaps... hot glue is just one option... blu-tack or something would do the job until you can get your hands on a glue gun

Cool, got it, for now the other two contacts are fine, a bit bended down but fine but I fear the worst now. What Glue could I put in there? And you guys, don't get this bend? Because really it closes flawlessly, which is even worse for I can detect when I am doing to much pressure.

May 25, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #218 of 315
  Cool, got it, for now the other two contacts are fine, a bit bended down but fine but I fear the worst now. What Glue could I put in there? And you guys, don't get this bend? Because really it closes flawlessly, which is even worse for I can detect when I am doing to much pressure.

If they are fine already then leave them as they are 

May 25, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #219 of 315

Do you have black plastic ring and white dempfer on driver form back side?
looks like this.

Jun 10, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #223 of 315
I used mogami 2893 (which is slightly lighter than 2534). Turned out to be really bad decision comfort wise. The cable is just about 2 meters, but you definitely feel how heavy it is on your neck. It's good that with this model you can simply replace it with any other 3.5mm cable :)

Jun 13, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #225 of 315
  @skrobul with mogami 2534 everything sounds detail but sometimes too bright, how bout the 2893?

Go Pro Co 424 starquad instead.  Just as good but with less brightness, a pinch less coloration, and more flexibility.  2893 is fine, and a popular choice for recabling in general, and more flexible to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back