beyer DT48 vs HD650
Jul 9, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #3 of 6
I've never heard the HD 650, but according to people who have heard both, the DT 48 is way beyond the HD 650 in terms of neutrality, transparency and detail. That said, the HD 650 is a fully open headphone, and the DT 48 is a fully sealed headphone, so they will sound inherently different, e.g. the HD 650 will have a wider sound stage. You might end up deciding on preference rather than technical merits.

Jul 9, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #4 of 6
The Sennheiser sound tends to be warm.  If you like to feel like music is a warm, fuzzy, comfortable blanket that also sounds great, then the 650 is probably the one for you.

Beyers, especially the studio oriented ones, tend to be colder and more clinical. If you like your music to be a scalpel, carefully peeling each individual layer of the song apart for you to hear, the DT48 will be better.

Jul 10, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #5 of 6
There is really no right or wrong answer. They are too different to really compare them.. For most people I would recommend the 650.. They were made to sound pleasant.. & VERY forgiving of bad recordings.. Side by the side the DT48 sounds dry, non engaging, & analytical. From a purely technical stand point the DT48 is hands down better.. If your looking for absolute musicality the 650 is hands down better. I loved both, but the neutrality of the DT48 won me over in the end.. But the 650, especially balanced, compliment the DT48 EXTREMELY well.. I would recommend both, as balance is everything..

Quote:
which one is better?

Jul 10, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #6 of 6

Well said.
Quote:
The Sennheiser sound tends to be warm.  If you like to feel like music is a warm, fuzzy, comfortable blanket that also sounds great, then the 650 is probably the one for you.

Beyers, especially the studio oriented ones, tend to be colder and more clinical. If you like your music to be a scalpel, carefully peeling each individual layer of the song apart for you to hear, the DT48 will be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back