Better to order from Amazon or supplier?
Sep 14, 2012 at 7:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

krzkrzkrz

New Head-Fier
Im looking to purchase a pair of HE-400 headphones and the Fiio E17 amp/dac. Should I get these from Amazon or directly from the supplier, i.e. http://head-direct.com

Any benefits?

Sep 14, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #2 of 8
If the order is still fulfilled by Amazon, you will have the benefits of Amazon's good customer service and return system. Not sure how good it is with head-direct but Amazon is always good with this kind of stuff.

Also if you have a Giant Eagle near you, or any other store that has gas perks, you can buy Amazon giftcards there and get about $3 off every gallon of gas for a fill up.

EDIT: It's actually no longer fulfilled by Amazon so it goes through head-direct either way. But the giftcard thing still applies.

Sep 14, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
Buy from Head-Direct, they are a Head-Fi Sponsor.

Is that why there is a ludicrous amount of HE-400 recommendations everywhere, including cases where people are looking for closed noise isolating phones?

Either way, it goes through Head-Direct right now regardless of which of the two sites you order from.

Sep 14, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #6 of 8
If the product and price are the same, I would always buy from Amazon (or a company fulfilled by Amazon), as they have amazing customer service, and a no question asked return policy. You can return headphones you don't like, less shipping. If there is some kind of damage, Amazon will pay for shipping. I returned a Fiio E7, as I didn't notice any sonic improvement with this amp; so I told Amazon that it didn't work properly, and they gave me a return shipping label for free. Also, Amazon (and fulfilled by Amazon) offers free shipping on products over $25 (and usually qualify for Prime if you have it).

--> However, I would only buy from Amazon if they were listed as an authorized dealer for the headphone. Likewise, I would only buy from a company fulfilled by Amazon if that company was an authorized dealer. This is for warranty purposes.

Lastly, some products are heavily faked, and I've read (but not experienced) about authorized dealers accidentally shipping these fakes. If that were the case, I'd buy direct form the supplier.
I've never bought from Head Direct, so I can't comment on any benefits, if at all.

Sep 14, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #7 of 8
If the price is the same and supplier has good customer service = buy from supplier

If the price is the same and supplier has bad customer service = buy from amazon

If the price is the lower on Amazon = buy from amazon
If the price is the lower on Supplier = buy from Supplier

imo never buy from amazon unless you actually have to. While they do often have the best prices, they are one of the reasons why the consumer electronics industry has gotten cheaper and more degraded. 

Sep 14, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
The other benefit (via Amazon), is the ability to track the order. The downside, is they don't sell the velour pads

Head-direct will send you tracking information.

Regardless of which of the two you buy from at this moment, you will be dealing with head-direct. The tracking, shipping speed, and everything else is up to head-direct. They have, as stated on the Amazon page, a good return policy. They just don't pay shipping which is normal.

Really no difference at this time unless you want to buy giftcards. But I would suggest buying directly from head-direct just to support them if you're not doing the giftcard thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back