Better isolation and tip fit for RE2
Feb 4, 2009 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

nycbone

100+ Head-Fier
None of the tips that came with my RE2 are quite right.

The best option of the Head Direct-supplied tips is the translucent (not white) double-flange set, which provide fair (but not quite adequate) isolation. The other tips are too small for my ear canals.

Does anyone have actual experience using the Comply T400 tips or have other suggestions?

These IEMS are used for commuting (including the bus and subway), so I'm not expecting miracles - just a bit better.

Thanks.

Feb 4, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #2 of 3
I just had the t400s in my re2 yesterday. Not an improvement for me, but tips are very much a YMMV experience. For me, the comply did not expand enough to create a good seal. Worst thing was I tore off one of the filters while trying to get the complys off. It's stuck inside the comply waiting for me to locate a pair of tweezers. Just not a good experience for me on the comply + re2. Nor with ne7ms, but that's a different thread...

I use the translucents in the re2, if that is any gauge of ear size. I think, the re2 just does not isolate very much at all. I'm going to try a diy on some foam earplugs I've got.

Jul 11, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 3
I figured I would bump this, rather than start a new thread.  I have the same issue.  I noticed in ljokerl's IEM review here, he stated as his preferred tips: Soundmagic PL30 bi-flanges, stock small bi-flanges, De-Cored Olives.  

I always got a great seal from my Denon 551's, and while those tips (which I think are silicone) are an improvement over the head-direct tips, they still do not do the trick.  So, I think I want to try a few different bi-flanges.

My main questions are as follows:

1.  What size are the provided translucent bi-flanges?  
2.  What other bi-flanges fit the RE2?  Where can they be bought?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back