Beta testing the new Audeze Black-Box.
Jun 27, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #46 of 76
i would love to participate in your beta test, already owning the X and XC, but others who already replied look more qualified. I have no hearing issues except I can't keep the LCD cans on my ears 24/7 :wink:.
Good luck on obtaining data from the beta group.
Best regards,
RCBinTN

Jun 27, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #47 of 76
Been loving your products since i bought my LCD-2, i follow headphones forum and blogs, i like reading about stuff like frequency response graphs and i have some scientific background as i studied engineering at the university.
So I am interested.
Thank you for the chance to partecipate.

Jun 27, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #48 of 76
I would love to test out your Audeze Black-Box.  As a writer with some diversity of subject matter, I have written several reviews of LampizatOr DACs, as well as articles on AXPONA (Audio Expo North America) and Steven Hill of Straight Wire that have made their rounds on the internet at various discussion boards and Facebook pages (see www.ayllonmedia.com, where these are posted on my site; Audiogon also features several of my reviews).  And as an audiophile and part time sound board engineer, I have enjoyed great music and sound for over 20 years.  Currently, I have a pretty decent system, anchored by a pair of Von Schweikert VR-5 HSE speakers, a Mark Levinson ML-9 amplifier, and a LampizatOr Lite 7 DAC linked up to a Toshiba Laptop (as well as other devices).  When I was at AXPONA, my interest was piqued with the idea of quality headphones and, what I heard there was pretty amazing!  

And, lastly, as a full-time teacher, I have the summer off, which is pretty convenient.  

Thanks for your consideration,

Juan C. Ayllon
AKA Escritor Juan

Jun 27, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #49 of 76
I might be interested if any units make it to Canada (although I understand the logistics/shipping might not work out so well).

I actually did not like the the LCD-X, so would be very interested in seeing if the DSP corrects the issues I had with it. I also have a slight imbalance between my ears, so adjusting for that would be neat as I already do that in my personal EQs. I have a lot of reviews under my belt; just check my profile for most of them (I've probably forgotten a few).

I am reasonably tech savvy. I do setups for PA gear, amateur DJ, have extensively modded headphones and transplanted drivers in the past, and on the computer side probably my best feat was restoring a bricked laptop that crashed during a bios update.

Jun 27, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #50 of 76
Hi,

I'm a college student who's been spending the last couple months entering the audiophile world. I currently use a Modi 2 and a Magni 2 Uber to drive a Sennheiser HD600 at home and while I'm out and about, I'll use my Baldoor E100, Koss PortaPros or Sennheiser Momentums. I would love improve my set-up, but as I'm a college student who needs to eat, I probably will have to put that on hold for a couple of years. I have a wide listening taste which spans the genres of classical, rock, hip hop, pop and jazz. I currently use Spotify Premium to listen at 320 kbps and I have a collection of roughly 250 albums encoded in the lossless ALAC format (I use my mac, iPod and iPhone), which I intend to add to over this summer. I currently listen to my main setup a couple hours a day after work and will listen to music through my other headphones while I'm at work, walking to classes, working out, traveling, etc. (I'm almost never without music).  

I'd love to be able to test out the new DAC/amp combo. Thank you.

Edit: forgot to mention that I've scored Silver Ears on the Philips Golden Ears challenge.

Jun 27, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #52 of 76
Hello Audeze!

My name is Dan Shay, and I'm a 29 year old audio engineering student (only that old because I was in the Navy for six years) at DSU in South Dakota. Music has always been hugely important to me in my everyday life, and I value it above almost everything else. I get frustrated with people who marginalize it to 'background noise'; I tell my friends "I don't listen to music while I do things, I do things while I listen to music. It's the focus, and I want it to sound as good as it possibly can.

Audeze is a company whose products I've long wanted to try out, to hear what they add to my music experience, or the different ways they present the music. I've also long been obsessed with gadgetry in all its various incarnations. I jump at the chance to play with the cool new techy-toy that's on the market. I easily know my way around a computer, and am very good at figuring out how to set-up or navigate through a new tech experience. ESPECIALLY if it's involving music. If there's a new way of hearing my beloved collection, I find it hard to unplug.

I work a summer job with a small audio and networks solutions company in my hometown, and I actually just finished setting up a church audio system using a Soundcraft UI16 mixer (but don't worry, we're not a headphone company). I know how to work with audio components, and I would gladly devote my evenings to heavy listening of your new system, taking detailed notes as I go. It sounds to me like a very exciting proposition, and I would be elated to rise to the occasion!

Thank you for taking the time to consider me, and thank you sincerely for providing this opportunity.

Jun 27, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #53 of 76
I too would like to participate in your beta testing program. I own a Theta DS Pro Progeny v. A from the 90's (with Motorola DSP56001 and PCM67-P) and also I know that the Krell Studio 64 uses PCM64Ps and 4x DSP56001 <--$16,000 DAC and similar to Theta DS Pro Gen VA minus filter algorithm.This must be the reason why 90% of the ultra-mega-high end DACs use a Spartan 6 FPGA or Analaog Devices Sharc DSP with in house filter algorithms. To bypass the digital filter implementation on stock chip offerings from ESS Sabre to TI chips

Jun 27, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #54 of 76
I would love to participate in this beta-test! Currently B.S physics student at the University of Texas so technology is obviously a strong suit of mine as well as being familiar with the general nature of sound propagation due to experience in acoustic well logging research. I also have a youtube channel where I make videos on audio gear, so written or video reviews for me is not a problem at all. Currently own a Geek Pulse with a Violectric V200 as well as AKG Q701s, Sennheiser HD600 and HD-25 Aluminum, and HiFiman He-400i. 

Jun 28, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #55 of 76
This is a big Audeze fan living in Baltimore. I had two pairs of LCD3, a pair of LCDX, LCDXC, two pairs of LCD2, and currently own both LCD3 and LCD2.

I also currently have HE-6, Alpha Dog, PS500, sr60, westone 60, and many many other headphones, with Bryston BHA-1 and Luxman DA-06. I can upload some pictures if needed.

I am the starter of the most-replied Audeze headphone review thread in the most popular Chinese headphone forum: the headphone club, and recommended, replied and answered a lot. Here's the link: http://www.headphoneclub.com/thread-297173-1-1.html

I will share the experience in both Chinese forum and here. Even if I was not chosen, I'm still glad to show my support to Audeze :D

Jun 28, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #56 of 76
I would love the chance to test this out.  Maybe even send me a new pair of Audeze headphones to use as well since my LCD 3's were stolen! 
gs1000.gif

Jun 28, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #57 of 76

Being a musician, a technologist and an avid listener, I think I will fit your needs for a beta tester perfectly.

I have years of experience in both the technology field (my "day job") and the music/audio field. 
As a musician (guitar, vocal, drums), I will be able to evaluate the efficacy of the different algorithms and their impact on the sound quality of audio recordings.
As an electronic music producer, I know my way around virtual instruments and effects. I'm sure I will be able to dive right in to the software, and provide insightful input for it.
As a passionate listener of a wide variety of musical genres, I would carefully test the amp's sonic signature on a range of different songs and albums.
As a technologist, I could provide my input on the different parts of the web portal, including user experience, performance, bugs, and even security if required. Note: I have both a Windows and a Mac machine.

I always strive for high quality, both in my work and when evaluating audio gear. I would love to help a unique product from a great company reach it's fullest potential.

Jun 28, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #58 of 76
Hi,
I'm interested because of my age. I'm 61 1/2 and have used headphones since 1967 and IEM's for many years.
I feel that because I suffer from many of the hearing loss issues that many adults do or will as they grow older that I can address those issues from experience.

I have a diverse music appreciation as well as being a drummer and guitar player for some time. I grew up listening to vinyl. I have also embraced the new technologies as they came along so I have an appreciation of where it started and where it is going.

Plus I think it would be pretty cool to do!

Thanks, Bob.

Jun 28, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #59 of 76
Hey Audeze,

I would love to be a beta tester for the black box.  I am 100% tech saavy as you requested, a software engineer doubly skilled on the hardware side of things, I started building computers at about the age of 12.  It's safe to say since I'm here that I love audio and am willing to give great feedback and follow any tests you may want to implement.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back