Best Workout Headphones under 100
Dec 2, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #18 of 22
For an IEM, get the JVC Riptidz. It is only around $8 and is said to be waterproof and sweatproof. If you want something open, get the JVC HA-EB75 earbuds with ear hooks for around $7.50. Since it is so open, the  bass isn't so great, however with an 8db boost of the bass with my player's equalizer, these are decent enough. The midrange and highs are quite decent, especially for its low price.

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #19 of 22
AKG 412! I got a pair of 404's with those pads on it (basically same thing). It's a metal headband so it won't break and will stay on your head NO MATTER what you're doing. And the sound is up close and personal so its great to get you pumped up.

Mar 30, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #20 of 22
I recommend Meelectronics Sport-Fi S6 (http://www.meelec.com/Sport_Fi_S6_p/ep-sfs6-rdbk-mee.htm).

Overall sound is good, a little V-shaped. Treble can be a little harsh sometimes on higher volumes to me. However, these are only IEM (from those that I have tried) that stays in my ears perfectly while running on treadmill, never losing seal.

I have been previously using Monster iSport Immersion and some Philips workout earbuds, and S6 is way better than either of those. I found S6 from Ebay for under $20.

Sep 6, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #21 of 22
Little update.

Since my last post in this thread, I have had 4 pairs of Meelectronics Sport-Fi S6 replaced by warranty, so I no longer can recommend them. Bonus for Meelectronics honoring the warranty each time though.

I replaced my S6 with JBL Synchros Reflect BT, which I now recommend as a good sport IEM (or if you prefer wired version, then just JBL Synchros Reflect). I couldn't be happier with my choice. These JBL earphones stay securely in my ears during any workouts and on top of that they sound incredible. Bluetooth is working fine, no cutouts, hisses, or anything in the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back