"Best value" iPod line out cable dock?
Aug 7, 2008 at 12:12 PM Post #46 of 52
Can you guys post more pix so we can hear the difference?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 11, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #47 of 52
I also have bought several cables from Barqy and am very satisfied. He is a great guy who makes excellent cables. I would not hesitate to contact him and get him to custom make some cables for you. One of the best values for the money in my opinion.

Aug 12, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #48 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having made quite a few LOD's, I can understand the prices of a few...but overall I think it is more expensive than it needs be.

I can tell you that I can finish 2-3 mini-mini braided cables in the time to make 1 LOD. The removing of pins takes time and soldering stranded cables onto those tiny pins is pretty difficult by comparison. You need to score the pins with some sand paper before you solder or they will not stick with solder well.

I literally spent 3 hours to get my very short 5 conductor LOD just perfect with a VERY tight braid. I should post pics...anyways....it doesn't take me nearly as long to do one now!

BTW: Those Solid core silver cables are the easiest to solder together and I have no idea why they cost so much.

Also, you should know that the Microshar cables do not have the other pins removed, use very small laquer coated conductors, and use a commonly availible cable. They are very easy to make. Mine fell apart and I found all of this out. That was motivation for me to start making my own and for friends.

you must be the coolest chick on the planet. I wish i knew how to make an lod
confused_face(1).gif

Aug 14, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #50 of 52
Ghetto solution: $15 ebay no-name chinese RF car dock. I tried this thing with a Sony cassette adapter, then took it out of the car and used it as a stand-alone LOD with my home stereo. Works great.

Sep 26, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #51 of 52
I make LOD for people. I'm not sure if I can advertise but... I wont since I don't want to get in trouble.

Nov 7, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #52 of 52
I've been torn between getting something high end and a cheapo line out adapter. I have a middle of the road setup, and want something in that range for hooking up my iPod. Found the CableJive +USB Line Out Cable, and it arrived last week. By no stretch a hi-fi solution, but does the trick for me. I generally don't use the USB part with my home stereo, but is nice to have if I want to charge at the same time I'm listening.

CableJive: +USB Line Out Cable for iPod & iPhone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back