"Best value" iPod line out cable dock?
Jan 8, 2008 at 1:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

dancekat59

Head-Fier
Looking for recommendations for a "best value" on an iPod line out cable dock.
- ALO Cryo?
- Qables?
- ZYCable? (from Head-Direct)
- others???

Thanks.

Jan 8, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #3 of 52
Qables makes excellent LODs. My Silvercab made a huge improvement over a generic one.

With that said, having been down the portable road already, I would never invest money in it again. Home systems are just so much better. However, I would not have known about good home equipment unless I had gone down the portable path first.

Jan 9, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #5 of 52
I recently purchased one of microshar's lineout cables off of eBay. Very reasonable (~$35) and a marked improvement in SQ out of my Touch. I have no other LODs to compare it to but the build quality is good and it is a step up in quality from the headphone out...so I'm happy.

Jan 9, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #9 of 52
I posted a WTB thread, and got some responses from DIYers here. Only one came in near $30, however, which was all I was willing to spend. It's fine -- not fancy, but decently made and does the job. There seems to be a big gap in the market for LODs at a reasonable price. I would try the WTB route and see what kind of offers you get.

Jan 9, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #10 of 52
Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I'm definitely not a DIY-er as I've never owned or used a soldering gun. ;o) There's so many options and price levels that it makes it hard for me to make a decision... <sigh>

Jan 10, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #11 of 52
Turbo is another one to look at. He has a price level somewhere in between the ones mentioned so far and I find his work solid.

Jan 10, 2008 at 5:21 AM Post #13 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by chouman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Turbo is another one to look at. He has a price level somewhere in between the ones mentioned so far and I find his work solid.

turbo charges $45-$50 for a silver plated copper wire (SPC) dock!
-a bit pricy for spc wire

go with warrior05, his work is fantastic! (From the pix ive seen)

May 30, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #15 of 52
Blue Jeans needs to get into the LOD biz!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back