Best tips for Brainwavz ProAlpha's?
Jan 11, 2011 at 3:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ElcomeSoft

100+ Head-Fier
Hello there,

A relatively new guy to sound here :) Had experience with generic Sony Ericsson pairs and V-Moda Vibes which I used to own when travelling a lot in a previous job. Been settling for normal earbuds (the ones that sit outside of the ear canal) that came with my HTC HD2 for my music but decided to step up to the plate and buy some reasonably cheap IEM's for the isolation and comfort I used to enjoy back in the day.

Following the huge review thread of |Joker| (thank you!), I ordered a pair of Brainwavz ProAlpha's and funnily enough, I am receiving a Fiio E5 Amp as a free gift with my purchase so huzzah! even if I have not used nor considered using an Amp :). The ProAlpha's looked like a good quality all-round set for an acceptable price (took a heck of a lot of Googling and searching to find the best price in the UK).

However, the sit shows this message regarding the ProAlpha's: NOTE: Brainwavz earphones do not come with foam tips and ear gliders as of 25/12/10.

ClieOS's threads were awesome with information and got me thinking about purchasing some foam tips for my new buds.

In my previous experience with IEM's, I used a form of plasticy tips and the Medium tips were ideal for my left ear but I struggled with getting the appropriate seal in my right ear. Large tips were too big for both ears also. As far as my hearing goes, my left ear appears to be stronger than my right which could explain my 'issue' with the seal on the right ear.

What I would really like out of this thread is advice on whether I should pick up my first ever set of foam tips  and if so, which ones should I pick up to be most appropriate for my ProAlpha's (in transit) and my ears, considering my previous experience with IEM tips.

Been checking out the Shure tips (black) and Comply tips. Prices over here seem reasonable so I'm ready to try.

Please be gentle with the newbie and thank you in advance for any replies.

Jan 13, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
I was lucky enough to get the proalphas with the foam tips. I prefer them to the other ones that come with it. To me it'd be worth ordering the comply foam tips.

Thanks for the reply.

The next pertinent questions are: Which Comply tips do I get and in what size, considering my previous experiences?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back