Best (surround sound) Headphone for Blu-ray, DVD, rock music, Xbox 360 games under $300.
Feb 5, 2011 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ItaliaMike

New Head-Fier
[size=10pt]I'm looking for one that will give me that "surround sound experience" that I can simply plug into my blu-ray player, Xbox 360, and sometimes mp3 player (rock music, soundtracks). Will I need an AMP to do this? If I do I don't want to be spending more than $80 - $100 for one. I heard that the Dolby Headphones are a gimmick compared to Ultrasones and Sennheisers. I'm interested in maybe the Ultrasone Pro 750 or the Ultrasone HFI-780. I was looking at Sennheiser HD series, but I prefer one that blocks out all outside noise, so I won't have to turn up the volume too much. Also I don't want a headset that has a lot of base, if any just a little bit of base. Also are there any stores near Vancouver, BC, Canada? I was looking online at B&H and they will ship the Ultrasone Pro 750 for $325. Thanks.[/size]

Feb 6, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the reply, but that price is for Amazon.com (US) so they won't ship it to Canada. The one on Amazon.ca is way more expensive. As for the AMP, how good is that AMP? Is it worth it to buy more expensive amps or are they generally all the same? Also if anyone can suggest a better headphone (if there are any) for my price range and wanted features that would be great. Also I'm not very experienced in this, but do open back headphones really offer better sound quality than closed? Thanks again.

Feb 11, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #4 of 4
Anyone? I have my mind set on the Ultrasone Pro 750 or the Ultrasone HFI-780, but I'll go with whichever you guys recommend. Also with the amp, will sound be degraded? Should I get something like the JVC SU-DH1. or if there are newer models? Also, how good are these headphones at simulating surround sound? Or does anyone know if companies like Ultrasone or Sennheiser will release new models soon? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back