Best Summit-Fi Headphones for PC Gaming?
Apr 7, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #16 of 19
Audeze LCD-GX? Literally the most expensive headphones actually designed for gaming.
They're not designed for gaming.
Its literally just a standard Audeze planar headphone with a microphone on the cable.

Planars just aren't good for immersive gaming, and way too heavy for long sessions.
Same goes for electrostatics. Huge flat transducers can't do staging and positional cues as well as dynamics.

Almost any big light dynamic is better.

There are hardly any other 'summit-fi' dynamics worth mentioning.
Pioneer SE-Master1 might be worth a try. They have much stronger bass than HD800S which should make gaming more fun/'cinematic'.
Focals are generally quite heavy, so I don't feel comfortable recommending those.

Apr 7, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #17 of 19
They're not designed for gaming.
"LCD-GX Open-Back Gaming Headset" Yes they are. "Designed for Serious Gaming." "Based on the rave-reviewed LCD series, the LCD-GX combines Audeze’s patented Fluxor™ magnets and ultra-thin Uniforce™ diaphragms to deliver astonishing sound quality and immersion. Our advanced LCD Planar Magnetic drivers are at least twice the size of those found in other gaming headphones, providing better bass, superior soundstage, and outstanding resolution suitable not just for gaming, but for monitoring, mixing, and editing audio." That's all from their website. "The Wold's Most Powerful Audiophile Gaming Headphone." Argue with Audeze, not me.

Apr 7, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #18 of 19
"LCD-GX Open-Back Gaming Headset" Yes they are. "Designed for Serious Gaming." "Based on the rave-reviewed LCD series, the LCD-GX combines Audeze’s patented Fluxor™ magnets and ultra-thin Uniforce™ diaphragms to deliver astonishing sound quality and immersion. Our advanced LCD Planar Magnetic drivers are at least twice the size of those found in other gaming headphones, providing better bass, superior soundstage, and outstanding resolution suitable not just for gaming, but for monitoring, mixing, and editing audio." That's all from their website. "The Wold's Most Powerful Audiophile Gaming Headphone." Argue with Audeze, not me.
Congratulations on quoting their marketing team. Have a cookie. 🍪

Feb 15, 2024 at 2:05 AM Post #19 of 19
Here is my current experience: While CA-1a had slightly better imaging, the usability was not that great. It was the first hp that wowd me in MW2, footsteps and directions were so easy to follow. ADX5000 was also excellent, but not as good. DCA Stealth is the one you might want, while playing MW3 it is excellent.
Tried G Pro wireless (it is what i use for work) and I could not get a good directions in game.
Logitech G pro wireless < HD650 < ADX5000 < Stealth < CA-1a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back