CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 20, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #9,496 of 31,832
I had absolutely no problem finding a good seal with the V20. In fact, I've never had a over-the-ear design IEM which fitted so good and comfy out of the box. Fitting is and always will be a personal thing. :)

The V20 has a great allround sound, but I miss the warm sound of KZ's and other IEM's I love a bit. On the UiiSii CM5, I hope to find a warmer sound and a way bigger soundstage, since someone here stated that it has a great wide one.

CM5 is warm possibly dark depending on your taste. Soundstage is comparable to KZ ZS6 but more upfront. Like sitting right in front of the stage. Bass is thicker and fuller in comparison to the ZS6. Have fun when it arrives. :ksc75smile:

Apr 20, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #9,498 of 31,832
The only complain I am having with cm5 is non detachable cable

@CoiL
@Slater

Well, is cm5 that worthy.

And I think coil sensei can mod it to wonders by his wood work and detachable cable

And slater sensei can do some sound mods too...

I m waiting for it.

Well my friend recently had the zs10 and I was able to listen for some moments.

This was initial pre-order with quick delivery.

First impression is mid centric, roll of treble(smooth) and linear bass with some slam.

Huge upgrade from zs6 but 5 driver still doesn't match with the more expensive 3 driver magaosi or iBasso it03.

Apr 20, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #9,499 of 31,832
I tinkered with the T2's tip a lot, trying to combat the loose fit feeling while maintaining sound that I like about them, and this is my last and favorite setup:

I use a medium size Sony silicone tips and removed the core then i put them inverted, and put a regular wide bore silicone tips on top of it (pictured). It increases bass punch and vibration without muddying the midbass like the vent hole tapping mod (even though the sony silicones doesn't cover the vent holes). Also it increases outward compression a little, making it more stable on the ears. For added bonus i slapped a balanced cable on it. After hearing it with balanced cable on my ES100, i don't want to use it with SE cable anymore.…

I think that doing this is described there already. If not then perhaps it was mentioned in the KZ thread and would be good to get added to the tip-rolling thread as suggested.

I just know that I was doing this for a while thinking that it was a good idea until I found the KZ Whirlwind style ear tips then later the more durable Tennmak ones. I think that the little fingers of silicone that give them their unique appearance is what gives the same sort of outward compression of the tip's body.

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #9,500 of 31,832
The biggest upgrade we can give to our earphones is listening to them in absolutely silence. Yesterday i was rocking my cm5 at dawn. 2:00 AM listening to details that i've never listened in a recent album of mine. Not because of the iem. But because of the silence. It's a completely different experience.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #9,501 of 31,832
The only complain I am having with cm5 is non detachable cable

@CoiL
@Slater

Well, is cm5 that worthy.

And I think coil sensei can mod it to wonders by his wood work and detachable cable

And slater sensei can do some sound mods too...

I m waiting for it.

Well my friend recently had the zs10 and I was able to listen for some moments.

This was initial pre-order with quick delivery.

First impression is mid centric, roll of treble(smooth) and linear bass with some slam.

Huge upgrade from zs6 but 5 driver still doesn't match with the more expensive 3 driver magaosi or iBasso it03.

now you're just killing my wallet more. I loved the T1 and now gonna have to get the Rose North Forest based on your recommendation. Should I go all out and just get the Magaosi X3?

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #9,502 of 31,832
The biggest upgrade we can give to por our earphones is listening to them in absolutely silence. Yesterday i was rocking my cm5 at dawn. 2:00 AM listening to details that i've never listened in a recent album of mine. Not because of the iem. But because of the silence. It's a completely different experience.

Couldn't agree more and this is also why I am always skeptical of reviews based on shows or in-store listening. You have no way to control the ambient noise in those circumstances.

Apr 20, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #9,503 of 31,832
After getting the right fit with UiiSii cm5. I wonder, anyone here has ibasso it01 and cm5 ? The cm5 have a DD of graphene as well. As the "balanced" Fun tuning. I don't want to believe they sound on the same league. But after Reading a little of it01. I Wonder If they share any similarities.

I have both the Ibasso IT01 and the CM5. Using Auvio wide bore tips (small size for my ears) the CM5 mids right off the bat seemed to be more recessed/less detailed. The IT01 sounds more realistic with more instrument separation, more roundness especially in the mids and overall, more balanced. The CM5 is definitely more bright but overall leads to a thinner sound. There also seems to be more sub-bass going on with the CM5. To me, they both have good, if not great soundstage. I don't really find them all that similar honestly but I still enjoy the CM5 regardless especially with the fit and that I can lay down with them easily. And comparing the CM5 to other under $20 USD IEM/earphones I have like the KZ ZST, ZS3...I find the CM5 to be less fatiguing, sound-wise.

** Just realized I was late to this party on replying. I still think they're a fantastic purchase for the price. But definitely NOT a replacement for the IT01!

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #9,504 of 31,832
My Tinaudio T2 and ZS10 from the AE Anniversary sale finally shipped earlier today from banned seller. The T2 was holding up the order. This might mean it's back in stock now.

Apr 20, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #9,507 of 31,832
got my Rose North Forest's today and wow that bass

Do you also have the ZhiYin Z5000?
How does the Bass compare, between the Z5000 and the Rose North Forest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back