CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 24, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #7,340 of 31,833
Series 4 and series 5 sounds same in SQ...

Series 4 is easier to drive, create less flex and is bigger in soundstage....plus is tighter..

Series 5 is good boomy and organic sounding while series 4 goes to more neutral tuning with good bass extension and air.....good timbre and wood instrument sounds clear and weighted.

10$ price bump on series 4 is actually justified.

My comparison is to series 5s

Feb 24, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #7,342 of 31,833
It is not about burning like in old days......but is about making some coil to magnet interaction movement calibration.....

Burn used to happen in old days when due to movement, heat was produced, wreaking the magnet and expanding the diaphgram, making sound smoother. .

But my technique is to physically push diaphragm on constant load to achieve a very specific strength....sheer strength of diaphragm, at that specific point, it would be weaker than initial diaphragm and would be easy to move, hence averaging any disjoint decay.

BA ages... Chinese settle quickly than Knowles and sonion, and white noise does it quicker

Dude....you really look like to have tested lot of different 50$ and up IEM.

I really i'm curious to know how Z5000 compare to the Xelento, I compare them with Hifiman RE2000 but it isn't a tesla driver, still they were far from sounding shamefully inferior...so, as every other tesla driver IEM are quite more expensive, IT01 being the more affordable after Z5000, I wonder how iem model using this magnet technology compare to eachothers objectively????? Really obsess about this, and perhaps you can be the wizard that enlight me!
And let's never forget the price of Z5000, I like the price of Z5000.

Feb 24, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #7,344 of 31,833
Alright guys, can anyone recommend a good Aliexpress in ear wireless sports headphone? Loads on the site but who knows what they sound like...

Also alot of in ears on this thread..apart from bosshifi...what are the top over ear cans?

Feb 24, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #7,345 of 31,833
Alright guys, can anyone recommend a good Aliexpress in ear wireless sports headphone? Loads on the site but who knows what they sound like...

Also alot of in ears on this thread..apart from bosshifi...what are the top over ear cans?

You could do the KZ or (even better) the TRN Bluetooth cable, which you could pair with any KZ model that uses the removable 2-pin configuration (ie ZS3, ZST, ZSR, ZS5, ZS6, ED12). By doing so you can choose a sound signature you like out of those models (even the TRN V10), and have the flexibility of running it wired just by switching between the Bluetooth and had wired cable.

Another option is the Meizu EP52. I have that as well - great sound, impeccable build quality, and has a long battery life (be aware that it does approach basshead levels, which is excellent if you're a basshead like me).

Feb 24, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #7,346 of 31,833

Whenever I see this type of question I always jump in with pointing out that there's another Bluetooth option that may work depending on your situation. An inexpensive, ie < $15, Bluetooth receiver. You just plug whatever wired headset you want into that. Has the advantage of @Slater 's suggestion in that you can choose the IEM you like. Disadvantage that you've got the cable although the receiver is small enough one of those arm band type holders could be used and it could wrangle the extra cord too.

Feb 24, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #7,347 of 31,833
@Nymphonomaniac

Hifiman doesn't have a conventional driver....it has micro spider, long shot voice coil and surround with a different topology making sound to a lot controlled like professional speaker.

Tesla driver have high magnet flux and strength compared to normal N rated magnet.

It helps the voice coil to become more sensitive when a signal passes through. So a very micro signal is even passes, the voice coil will move.

Well it is to remove speaker acoustic watt loss. Speaker simply becomes efficient in signal carrying.

Thinner and lighter diaphragm also helps in signal sensitivity, but we can reach only a specific thickness only.....thinnest is 3um

So scientist thought of increasing magnet strength to unbelievable levels and then shield it so flux gets concentrated at centre(where voice coil is)....

The magnet is not having Tesla force but by shielding it concentrates itself to centre.

1tesla to 10kg magnet can actually lift a empty truck.

Zhiyin are good but compared to xelento, they sound bass heavy, mids are coloured and treble is immature. Xelento has that smooth transition.

It01 sounds like xelento in technical terms....just that xelento is more mid centric

Feb 24, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #7,348 of 31,833
I received the Yersen FEN-2000 today. Very pleased with them so far. I've been away from Chi-Fi for a while, so it's nice to hear how far the market has come in the last couple years.
Quick impressions: V-shaped, hot treble, quite detailed, bordering on sibilant but not bad enough to make me stop listening. Not as bass heavy as I was expecting. Smaller soundstage than the higher end IEMs I've been using lately. Cables exceedingly hard to detach as others have noted. Otherwise the cables look pretty and have great ergonomics, even the cable with memory wire, which is a first for me. Great value for the <$20 I paid. I think I'm going to do a full review of these.

Feb 24, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #7,349 of 31,833
My sis love BGVP ds1 and says its better in sound staging(its like a big helmet of sound....over the head and behind also.)

According to us.....bgvp ds1 sounds same on soundstage of it03.

And has a sound signature of ochiraku co donguri flat 4 kuro.......faster but not as refined as kuro.

Well whoever needs big and vivid neutral sound can go for bgvp but I am still sceptical about build quality

Feb 24, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #7,350 of 31,833
Whenever I see this type of question I always jump in with pointing out that there's another Bluetooth option that may work depending on your situation. An inexpensive, ie < $15, Bluetooth receiver. You just plug whatever wired headset you want into that. Has the advantage of @Slater 's suggestion in that you can choose the IEM you like. Disadvantage that you've got the cable although the receiver is small enough one of those arm band type holders could be used and it could wrangle the extra cord too.

Very true, I forgot about that option.

I love my Xiaomi bluetooth transmitter. Smaller than a pack of gum, very nice build (strong metal clip too), and good battery life.

Works great with all of my gear - I was just using it the other day w/the Fidelio X2. I've used it with IEMs and earbuds too.

I think I paid about $11 for mine from Gearbest - as much use as I've gotten out of it, it's worth 2-3 times what I paid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back