CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 29, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #12,676 of 31,833
Need some advice guys... The cable on my beloved T2's has broken and needing a replacement, any suggestions and will any of the MMCX cables from NiceHCK fit?

KZ sells some upgrade cables with MMCX connectors. I’ve had good luck with them.

If you’re going to buy one of the upgrade cables that are $15-$20something, you may as well get another set of Tin Audio T2 as they’re on sale for $30. Then you’d have the cable and a 2nd set of earphones.

Aug 29, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #12,677 of 31,833
Need some advice guys... The cable on my beloved T2's has broken and needing a replacement, any suggestions and will any of the MMCX cables from NiceHCK fit?

There are a bunch of options. I bought several this morning, but unfortunately, I cannot say which. However, the selection on AE is virtually endless and you can find cables from KZ or TRN for under 10 dollars. AFAIK, any MMCX will fit.

Aug 29, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #12,678 of 31,833
So tin audio changed the cables on the T2s? I remember months ago people were praising the cables

Aug 29, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #12,680 of 31,833
So tin audio changed the cables on the T2s? I remember months ago people were praising the cables

Yes, they had a different cable in the earlier version. People had problems so they came out with a better cable.

All of the T2 bought since the 11.11 2017 sale (and afterwards) has the new cable version.

Aug 29, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #12,681 of 31,833
My review of the micro driver DEAT Hifi Small. Are hybrids the only viable option these days?
https://primeaudio.org/deat-hifi-small-review/

DEAT-Hifi-Small-topdown_result.jpg

Aug 30, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #12,683 of 31,833
My review of the micro driver DEAT Hifi Small. Are hybrids the only viable option these days?
https://primeaudio.org/deat-hifi-small-review/

Cool review!
I just picked up a set from Penon....I'll post impressions when they arrive.
Do you think these will be good for side-sleeping? (the main reason I bought them)
Also, how do they compare to the Tin Audio T2?

Thanks! :)

Aug 30, 2018 at 2:36 AM Post #12,684 of 31,833
Cool review!
I just picked up a set from Penon....I'll post impressions when they arrive.
Do you think these will be good for side-sleeping? (the main reason I bought them)
Also, how do they compare to the Tin Audio T2?

Thanks! :)
Nice, I hope you like it! They should be good for sleeping; they're really tiny. Compared to the T2 it has a warmer signature and more mid-bass. It's not as detailed as the T2 but is very musical and non-fatiguing. Looking forward to your impressions once you get it.

Aug 30, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #12,685 of 31,833
Anyone able to help, please?

Does anyone have a recommendation a set of Bluetooth IEMs that will provide the in-eat staying power of the MPOW Cheetahs, but also will be *legitimately* sweat proof? So far I've had 3 pairs of Cheetahs fail, and although the company is great about replacing them because they're within warranty, obviously they're just not sweat proof the way a pair of running headphones should be for someone who swears a good amount.

Here's the catch though, I'm looking for headphones under $50, because otherwise I'll just keep replacing my Cheetahs with the warranty.

Does anyone have anything else I should look at that actually creates inward pressure to keep the monitors snuggly in the ear while running?

Aug 30, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #12,688 of 31,833
The B5+ is worth $100, for sure. Very impressive unit. I would not recommend it without upgrading to a better cable though. The included one is garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back