CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 17, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #10,786 of 31,833
next KZ...

DdZp8T7UwAAWVmk.jpg

DdZtaV5VQAAo38f.jpg

Well, I got to know that KZ wants to correct all its line up.

This is actually zsr improved.

Es4 is upgrade over zst and es3.

ZSA is upgrade over ZS6.

May 17, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #10,787 of 31,833
Maybe it's less correction and they're trying something new; giving users many similar sounding products but with varying ergonomic and styling options? If they can afford to pump out lots of models, letting the buyer pick the one that they think looks/will fit the best, then why not? Better than offering only a few models and losing out on sales because they're too big, or they want something they can wear cable down, or they don't like the look of X earphone, etc. I can't imagine the tuning on most of these new models will be vastly different from anything we've heard from their past hybrids given they seem to be using the same components.

May 17, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #10,788 of 31,833
Maybe it's less correction and they're trying something new; giving users many similar sounding products but with varying ergonomic and styling options? If they can afford to pump out lots of models, letting the buyer pick the one that they think looks/will fit the best, then why not? Better than offering only a few models and losing out on sales because they're too big, or they want something they can wear cable down, or they don't like the look of X earphone, etc. I can't imagine the tuning on most of these new models will be vastly different from anything we've heard from their past hybrids given they seem to be using the same components.
Well es4 is a major upgrade over both zst and es3 for me...

But pls run them for 1hour on pink noise before you run any song

May 17, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #10,789 of 31,833
Well es4 is a major upgrade over both zst and es3 for me...

But pls run them for 1hour on pink noise before you run any song

It was just a thought :) Not getting the ES4 but I did order the ZSA and a green ZS6. Figured I would get one of those before they disappear again, haha.

May 17, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #10,791 of 31,833

You sir, deserve the award of the day! I experimented with the tips on the Z5000 (again!) and now found the double flangers of the SoundMagic E10 to emphasize the mids and highs without having to put the tips only half way in. They really livened up!
I’ve never had an IEM so tip-sensitive before. I need to get myself some double flanged tips soon.

May 17, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #10,792 of 31,833
Well, I got to know that KZ wants to correct all its line up.

This is actually zsr improved.

Es4 is upgrade over zst and es3.

ZSA is upgrade over ZS6.

The ZS6 is perfect when it's in green shells :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

But yeah, I ordered the ZSA with this in mind too. The ZS6 fits my ears really well. I expect this one to fit just as well.

May 17, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #10,793 of 31,833
I’ve never had an IEM so tip-sensitive before. I need to get myself some double flanged tips soon.

Depth of insertion plays a huge roll in sound so several of the barrel shaped iems that can be inserted more or less straight into the ear canal often suffer from differences in insertion depth even from one side to the other let alone between listening sessions. I find the Campfire comets, Etymotics, and some of the Final Audio line suffer from this and require careful positioning to get best results.

May 17, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #10,794 of 31,833
thoughts on trn v60 anyone?

May 17, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #10,795 of 31,833
thoughts on trn v60 anyone?

I thoughts I aint seen one yet. I suspect it is too early to see too many reviews as they only started shipping a few days ago.

May 17, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #10,796 of 31,833
May 17, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #10,798 of 31,833
Well, my TinAudio t1 went through a significant audio change.

Something happened when I slept with them running some relaxation pink noise for good sleep..

I woke up, went to exam center, then to work, then to my doctor for regular ear cleanup ,came back home and plugged them in to my phone.

What

Soundstage became deeper and imaging became clearer.

I'll bet it had less to do with the Tin Audio and more to do with your Dr cleaning out your ears.

I mean, what was the variable that changed? Ear cleaning.

May 18, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #10,800 of 31,833
I heard after this model, the next one is going to skip right to ED5000!
LoL..

Oye @Slater @CoiL @Otto Motor @B9Scrambler @audio123

I wanna ask, are you guys interested in making headphones, that too planar magnetic one.

I can source graphene sheets(company use mylar) and N52 custom magnets from my sources.

I know people already did this on other threads, but still asking...

Well I think I can make graphene sheets at home too...its easy as pie with single atom thickness and the throw in cyro for defect repairment...its a home made sheet you know. There would be defects.

Well recently I got the whitepaper and working of ETL(embedded transmission line) white paper for HDSS implementation and it is easy also and can applied to everything with anything moving air backwards.

I cannot spray graphene though...

I collecting resources, information and saving money to really make something crazy.

Second thing, I saw a headphone(over ear) which uses 6BA and 50mm driver open back wood. On aliexpress

And KZ ed16 is upgrade over zsr according to Instagram image. It was written there. Its like taking zsr fun away, correcting 4khz dip and making it on tighter crossover tolerance

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back