CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 20, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #3,961 of 31,833
Hello guys, long time reader but posting for the first time.

I was wondering if I can get some recommendations for IEMs which I can wear under a full face motorcycle helmet. I have Qcy q19( slim Bluetooth ones) Mpow (again Bluetooth) and both comes off when I'm trying helmet on and extremely painful duel to the size of them.

Budget is under $50 and after something which will provide excellent isolation as wind noise reaches over 90 db on highways which extremely dangerous.

I was scrolling through the forums and was suggested cx300 as a good suggestion given the size and isolation it provides and shure ones which are out of budget for.

In terms of C-HIFI, I do like the KZ Zs5(similar to shure ones?) I would prefer Bluetooth ones but wired is fine due to smaller size and comfort.

Thanks in advance

QKZ DM300. It's wired, is behind the ear design, and has removable cables. It's sealed and it has excellent isolation. The shape allows it to sit very flat in the ear, and it results in a secure and comfortable fit. It will be smooth to take your helmet on and off with the DM300 inserted.

The sound is v-shaped (single dynamic driver), and decent for it's price. You can read about it here: http://www.aproear.co.uk/qkz-dm300/

2 others with similar design, fitment, isolation, and sound characteristics would be the QKZ W1 Pro (wired, behind the ear, and the sibling to the DM300) and the iRock A8 (wired, behind the ear, and a 2x dynamic driver).

The iRock has a slight mid-forward sound, which some people like and some don't. It responds to EQ very well, and once tailored with EQ is definitely the best out of the bunch. If you don't want to EQ and just want to stick with the stock sound, I would go with the DM300.

Those would be my 3 recommendations based on your requirements. All 3 are easy to drive with any source (including cell phones). None are going to sound as good as the ZS5 though. What's really holding you back is the helmet requirement.

You MIGHT also be able to get away with the MEMT X5. It's physically very small, but it is not flat like the others. So I can't guarantee that it won't rub or get tugged when you take your helmet on and off.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #3,964 of 31,833
Is the MARK II the correct urbanfun? Also is it a step up from the headphones that come with the s8?
Confusing wording - not really sure what you might mean by "MARK II"?

As far as I know, you can tell Urbanfun HiFi variants apart by the cable:
Original Hybrid - braided cable casing
New Hybrid - grey rubber cable
Beryllium DD only - black rubber cable

Don't have those AKGs so I can't speak to the other question.

Oct 20, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #3,968 of 31,833
Last I checked, **** on AliExpress was selling them for around $40.

Pretty sure that is a banned seller here and one they certainly do not recommend due to previous malfeasance.

Oct 20, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #3,970 of 31,833
Wow didn't know that. Will purchase stuff from there next time.
However the tin audio t2 is 50 usd in both ali and penonaudio. I just checked. Am I missing something?
You have to use the Aliexpress android app

Oct 20, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #3,971 of 31,833
As far as I know Ali express sellers only ship to the paypal address. My country doesn't have paypal so I use my sister's paypal instead who lives in canada.
aliexpress only started accepting paypal recently. you can use alipay and that works for bangladesh. i'm sorry you didn't ask earlier, we could have saved you a couple of bucks.

Oct 20, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #3,974 of 31,833
aliexpress only started accepting paypal recently. you can use alipay and that works for bangladesh. i'm sorry you didn't ask earlier, we could have saved you a couple of bucks.
Thanks a lot for trying to save me some bucks. Means a lot. Might buy something in the upcoming sale in ali. I forgot the exact date. Isn't it on the 11th?

Oct 20, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #3,975 of 31,833
And as far as the Tin audio T2's go you will really like them as they are terrific earphones, well balanced, clear and great to listen to

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back