CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 4, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #24,526 of 31,833
I live in a country as tropical as Brazil, Indonesia. Probably even more uniformly tropical since we don't have temperate places like Paraná, Río Grande do Sul and Santa Catarina. I have no problems with the BA5 at all.

If you are treble sensitive, pass on the T3.

Queen LTD is very good, quite balanced.

Saudações!

I live in "Hell" de Janeiro (Rio de Janeiro). We call it like this because here is really hot. summer we get temps as higher as 40 degrees celsius.
but its good to know that BA5 is surviving well hot places.

I think i'm really past high treble iems, so i might as well pass the T3, even though it isnt a "treble maker" as the KZ's.

The Queen is not that appealing to my eyes, and tbh im lookin for a pair that will please me when i look at it too.

Sounds pretty much like the Shozy Form 1.1

nice. good to know.

Jun 4, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #24,527 of 31,833
The Queen is not that appealing to my eyes, and tbh im lookin for a pair that will please me when i look at it too.

If that’s what you’re looking for, then you can’t beat the Peacock Audio P1

Jun 4, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #24,529 of 31,833
The TFZ Queen LTD looks bling-y urban cool, actually.

IMG_20200509_074857.jpg

Jun 5, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #24,530 of 31,833
it's a really beautiful iem. i wish i had the money to buy them.
i care about the sound, but i also care about the looks. balance is everything haha
At the cost of 200 usd it isnt really a good pick. (they also released their own peacockaudio spring that costs 130 usd so..)

Jun 5, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #24,531 of 31,833
I recently got myself a Guideray GR-I58 so I am gonna share some impressions.
Package:
- nothing really to talk about, earphones, cable, 3 pairs of double flange translucent tips and 3 pairs of regular white tips, regular tips don't fit nozzle too tight and can slide off.
Build quality/cable
- earphones are build nicely for the price, translucent shell and nicely looking faceplate, you can clearly see 2 drivers inside, the only issue is that they are way too big then they should be, about twice as thick as necessary, a lot of unused space inside, there is a metal nozzle with lip to hold tips
- cable is again ok for the price, it's 0.78 socket, L plug cable with working slider if you need that, ear hooks are heatshrink with no memory wire. The only complain is the L plug, the whole idea behind L plug is to be compact and this one is as long as your regular I plug, kinda defeats the purpose
Comfort/isolation:
- comfort is OK for me, because they are large people with smaller ears might have an issue
- wind noise is a big issue since earphones are thick and stick out of your ear so keep that in mind, you won't use them in windy day
-isolation is nearly nonexistent because of fairly large vent on the side of earphones, if it was on the inner side of the shell that wouldn't be an issue but the vent is positioned such that it gathers all the outside noise, you don't want to use them for commuting
Sound:
- they are tuned to sound "fun" and not necessarily very balanced, popular tuning in low price bracket I suppose, they sound good for the asking price, I personally find bass too boomy and overwhelming but that's just my preference.

All things consider for that price you can't go wrong, you won't find many hybrids that cheap, they are not perfect but you get your money worth.

Jun 5, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #24,532 of 31,833
The TFZ Queen LTD looks bling-y urban cool, actually.

IMG_20200509_074857.jpg

it would be way more appealing to my eyes if it wasn't for the diamond like stone on it. but taste is a personal thing so..

At the cost of 200 usd it isnt really a good pick. (they also released their own peacockaudio spring that costs 130 usd so..)

I barely know option over 100. 100 here would be a little too much in my currency, so I don't really read about. even though with the AliExpress spring sale coming, I might stretch my budget up to 100 and get myself a endgame for 100. still thinking about it tho. 200 is out of question anyways haha

Jun 5, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #24,533 of 31,833
it would be way more appealing to my eyes if it wasn't for the diamond like stone on it. but taste is a personal thing so..

I barely know option over 100. 100 here would be a little too much in my currency, so I don't really read about. even though with the AliExpress spring sale coming, I might stretch my budget up to 100 and get myself a endgame for 100. still thinking about it tho. 200 is out of question anyways haha
Yeah, I understand. I still think that the Shozy Form 1.1 is your best for a warm more relaxing iem. (IF you are sensitive to 8kHZ then maybe it will bother you, not me though).

Jun 5, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #24,534 of 31,833
how much actually your budget is, i know something that fit the warm, with large soundstage, great mids, tight bass, and relax trebles. The Tri i3! but they are around $130, smooth and good
The Tri i3.. Guys, I personally cannot recommend them enough. I am still waiting to spend my time with them and write my full review, but from my first listening session (~20 mins) they were amazing. They really blew me away, and I cannot wait to make a full review. Yes, it's only 20 minutes, so keep that in mind.

On the other hand, I don't know what it is, but I am not finding the Kbear Diamond impressive. Am I expecting too much from a single driver iem? I am getting the same feeling like with the BQEYZ Spring 1, which I cannot use because of the fit. I also wasn't amazed by it's sonic performance. I don't even know if I will write a full review of it, I'll see.

In the meantime I reviewed the Blon BL-05... and yep, not much to say, here you have it: my two cents
I would seriously recommend everybody to look into all the other great options in the price category of the Blon BL-05.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #24,535 of 31,833
so I'm planning on buying a new iem, and it seems like I cannot decide between some of them. here are my options:

LZ A6 Mini
FAAEAL Hibiscus
TFZ T2
TRI i4

would some of you guys comment on your experiences with these?

also my budget goes up 70 and I'm buying on AliExpress.
BLON BL-03 with uncovered 2 pin cable (Or maybe you could peel the pin cover of the stock cable with a knife) and mesh filter mod. A bit too bassy out of the box (specially mid bass). You're better served elsewhere if you don't like modding.

Also never seen Moondrop Starfield for any less than full retail price, but may be worth a look if it ever goes on a sale.

Jun 6, 2020 at 12:58 AM Post #24,536 of 31,833
BLON BL-03 with uncovered 2 pin cable (Or maybe you could peel the pin cover of the stock cable with a knife) and mesh filter mod. A bit too bassy out of the box (specially mid bass). You're better served elsewhere if you don't like modding.

Also never seen Moondrop Starfield for any less than full retail price, but may be worth a look if it ever goes on a sale.

I've seen the Moondrop Starfield at $100 USD flat during the recent Aliexpress march anniversary sale, and this price was before stacking coupons.

There's a big Aliexpress summer sale coming in about 10 days time, so it may very well be discounted again (plus Moondrop is releasing 2 budget sets soon, so this might drive prices of the Starfield down hopefully).

Jun 6, 2020 at 4:20 AM Post #24,538 of 31,833
a seller told me the sale will begin 18th of this month. I guess I'm gonna wait to get the best price as possible
Wonder if that sale applies for cables as well, could probably use the TRN T2 (Actually I wonder if TRN's infamous qc extends to the cables as well) or whatever can be bought under $10 during a sale (0.78 2 pin).

Jun 6, 2020 at 4:29 AM Post #24,539 of 31,833
Wonder if that sale applies for cables as well, could probably use the TRN T2 (Actually I wonder if TRN's infamous qc extends to the cables as well) or whatever can be bought under $10 during a sale (0.78 2 pin).

Yes the Summer Sale in june for aliexpress is one of their bigger sales, almost everything is on sale, with discount coupons on top of them. Audio gear from sources to tranduscers to accessories and cables will likely be on sale, maybe except newly launched gear, but u can use coupons on the new stuff if u wish.

My go to cheap and good cable is the NiceHCK 8 core copper cable, about $6 - 7 USD during sales. I have about 12 of them at home haha.

Jun 6, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #24,540 of 31,833
Yes the Summer Sale in june for aliexpress is one of their bigger sales, almost everything is on sale, with discount coupons on top of them. Audio gear from sources to tranduscers to accessories and cables will likely be on sale, maybe except newly launched gear, but u can use coupons on the new stuff if u wish.

My go to cheap and good cable is the NiceHCK 8 core copper cable, about $6 - 7 USD during sales. I have about 12 of them at home haha.
Forgot to mention, you've probably seen it in the BLON in ear impressions thread, but in short, for some unfathomable reason BLON decided to put the... air intake, for lack of a better name, right next to the 2 pin port, which the stock cable blocks because the cutout on the envelope is far too small to let air in properly. Needless to say I prefer the BL-03's sound when its driver can breathe properly.

Currently my only real solution to this is to partially pull out the stock cable by about 1mm or so, I saw a comment I believe about 100 pages ago? Don't quite remember where it was said that the sound was upgraded with a NiceHCK 16 core hybrid cable which is a $14 I believe.

But the bottom line is, that's why it's so important to get any 2 pin cable where the pins stick out, no chance to block the intake that way. And I imagine that 8 core copper cable is my best gateway there.

Makes me wonder if the BL-03 is the only IEM with this issue since the BL-05 avoids it altogether.

Edit: If anyone still wonders, the same responsible for the mesh filter is also responsible for finding the location of the air intake. You probably all know him by now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back