CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 24, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #19,426 of 31,833
My local post office has apparently misplaced my parcel! Hope they find it else I will have to reorder before the stocks run out. CNT drivers have fantastic sound it's so natural. I desperately hope my local post guys find and deliver my parcel!
FYI, If the postal person in charge of finding your package is a Head-Fi member you won't be getting those iems back.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #19,427 of 31,833
It makes as much difference as eartips. In my case I can't get a good seal with any of my silicone tips. So I've changed to Bulletz. They were a touch overblown in the bass with the blacks. So I've changed to the golds. Loveliness ensues.
What are Bulletz? A branded foam eartip?

Aug 24, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #19,428 of 31,833
What are Bulletz? A branded foam eartip?

Dekoni Bulletz. On the Semkarch they bring the bass levels up to a slightly unpleasant level for me. After playing with Bulletz and SpinFits all day I have gone back to the standard silicones.

Aug 24, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #19,433 of 31,833
Anyone have any comparisons between the BLON BL-03 and the Semkarch SKC-CNT1?

They are on sale for roughly the same price in a couple days.

The Semkarch seem very good, tips make a huge difference to sound on these, from a bit bright with SpinFits to overly bassy with Dekoni Bulletz. I've not had more than a day with them.

The Blons are less sensitive to tips. They are a slightly tricky fit which should borne in mind.

So far I prefer the tuning of the Blons but the Semkarch definitely pull more from the recording. So I'm going to stick with the Semkarch for a bit. Go through every set of tips. Burn them in.

Aug 24, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #19,437 of 31,833
The Semkarch seem very good, tips make a huge difference to sound on these, from a bit bright with SpinFits to overly bassy with Dekoni Bulletz. I've not had more than a day with them.

So far I prefer the tuning of the Blons but the Semkarch definitely pull more from the recording.
It's too bad the Semkarch are dark sounding. Last night they heard something they liked in the right electronic recording and they made me think I was on a drug high. It was incredible.

Aug 24, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #19,438 of 31,833
It's too bad the Semkarch are dark sounding. Last night they heard something they liked in the right electronic recording and they made me think I was on a drug high. It was incredible.

They're not that dark with the gold filters and silicones. With foams the treble is gone.

Aug 24, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #19,439 of 31,833
I am hyped for my Semkarch and Blon bl-03 which are in my country now so the delivery should only be a couple of days away.

It will be a nice surprise to go back to single dynamic drivers from multi ba and hybrid setups.

I've always loved DD sound. Feels smooth and natural wrt BAs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back