Best SQ for Portable Recorder
Sep 28, 2011 at 9:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

DotChannel

Head-Fier
I want the best audio that I can be possibly carried portably. The audio recorder answers that question for me. What is the best SQ for an audio recorder out there? It will only be used for playback.

No price restrictions. I'm dedicated.

Oct 4, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #4 of 17
Oct 4, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #5 of 17
A recorder is made for recording stuff, it doesn't necessarily have good playback quality.
If it's only for listening to music, you want an mp3 player.

Oct 4, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #6 of 17

Really? Don't pro audio guys have to have good audio in order to understand exactly what they're doing? I'd imagine that the Aaton Cantar-X2 would have insane playback if a guy went out of his way to pay so much for such a high-end system.
Quote:
A recorder is made for recording stuff, it doesn't necessarily have good playback quality.
If it's only for listening to music, you want an mp3 player.

Oct 4, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #7 of 17
Ah, well, i'm no expert in recorders.
I'm sure that huge thing has great quality, but if you're looking for something smaller and/or more affordable (not to mention convenient), i don't doubt you'll be better off with a good DAP.

Oct 4, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #8 of 17
True, true. I wasn't planning on getting something that big anyway. If there isn't a portable recorder that has better quality, I'm just going to settle for the one and only HM-801.

Quote:
Ah, well, i'm no expert in recorders.
I'm sure that huge thing has great quality, but if you're looking for something smaller and/or more affordable (not to mention convenient), i don't doubt you'll be better off with a good DAP.

Oct 4, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #9 of 17
Zoom H4n comes highly recommended. http://www.amazon.com/Zoom-Handy-Portable-Digital-Recorder/dp/B001QWBM62/ref=pd_cp_MI_2

Oct 4, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #11 of 17
Dot Channel - do you want to record something? If yes, what? If not, why is it you are asking for a recorder?

Oct 5, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #13 of 17
as i know, sony pcm-d50 does have very best SQ.

lots of Headfi in China use it as a portable device.

but this thing is huge in size.

Oct 5, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #15 of 17

Quote:
I have an H4n, very solid recording quality for its use and price, but I'd never buy it for playback, which is (from what I understand) what the OP wants it for.

Ah - poor reading comprehension on my part. Thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back