Best source for hard rock/metal.
Feb 9, 2005 at 11:33 PM Post #121 of 130
I realized I haven't posted my CDX/XPS thoughts. So here they are....

Unfortunately, I've had considerable ear problems lately and haven't been able to listen to it a lot. Without the XPS, the CDX is maybe a bit harsh, but still fun. The XPS makes it more musical and more detailed at the same time. It brings more emotion forth.

However, it's not true "Hi-FI" (like, say, the Meridian G08 is). The sound isn't analog like, it's meant to take some liberties to make the sound entertaining (more bass, more forward, etc.). So it depends on if you like those liberties or not.

I think I'd like the Meridian for non rock and the CDX/XPS for harder rock and metal. I'd have to listen to both more extensively to be sure though.

Feb 10, 2005 at 1:44 AM Post #122 of 130
Blitzula,

Wow. You went for the XPS!
eek.gif

Analogueness you speak of, I'm afraid , is reserved for the CDS2/CDS3/XPS. ( even then, noooot quite the same to the real thing! )

Feb 10, 2005 at 1:58 AM Post #123 of 130
My wallet is shocked too! Actually, it's weeping and huddled in a ball in the corner.

The XPS is worth it IF you can afford it easily, it does bring more emotion and musicality to the CDX. But the CDX is good on its own too.

If I were looking for an analogue type sound, I'd go with the Meridian G08 rather than the Naim options...so much cheaper that way.

Feb 10, 2005 at 2:14 AM Post #124 of 130
Blitzula said:
My wallet is shocked too! Actually, it's weeping and huddled in a ball in the corner.

The XPS is worth it IF you can afford it easily, it does bring more emotion and musicality to the CDX. But the CDX is good on its own too.

yes. I'm surprised you actually went for it.

Quote:

If I were looking for an analogue type sound, I'd go with the Meridian G08 rather than the Naim options...so much cheaper that way.

oh you mean the 'bad' analogue.
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2005 at 3:03 AM Post #127 of 130
Interesting, you two naimers (well, kuma, I know you have other kit, too; la linn). Very interesting...Go blitz!

- walkman666

Feb 11, 2005 at 3:46 AM Post #128 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkman666
Interesting, you two naimers (well, kuma, I know you have other kit, too; la linn). Very interesting...Go blitz!

heh.

A good friend lent me a pair of old Linn kan I.
A stripped down LP12 and a little nait 3R get more use these days.
Haven't listened to CD players in weeks.
tongue.gif

kan2.jpg

Feb 11, 2005 at 2:36 PM Post #130 of 130
the robot it intimidating. Makes me shudder at the intensity of the music that must come out of that system. Nice one kuma!
etysmile.gif

- walkman666

Users who are viewing this thread

Back