Best Sounding Solder - Any idea?
Mar 19, 2011 at 11:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 68

bertchai

New Head-Fier
I have search through many threads but doesn't seems to be able to find an answer.  Which is the best sounding solder?  I know a lot of people like Cardas Quad due to the ease of use.   What about the sound?  Any comments on the sound quality of different solders?   WBT?  Cardas?  Wonder? Siltech? Oyaide?

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #3 of 68
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #4 of 68
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #12 of 68
[size=small]haha,   firstly, is not what I think.  is what I heard.  I have been using WBT for a long time.  It is great to solder with.  It gives me much more details and "micro-dynamics" after I resolder/replace the "normal" solder on a joint.  But I am noticing that after many hours of run-in,  there is a lack of mid-range and sound is not that smooth althought the high is crisp and low is extended and tight.  So I am now in a bit of a doubt now.  Of course a great solder joint is a much and also a great "temperature controlled" soldering iron and skills.  So when you have all that, the questions becomes which solder to use?  Any of you have tried different solders and the result of sound quality?  Please share in term of the sound quality.[/size]

Mar 19, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #15 of 68

Quote:
So, I checked the calendar.

It appears it is not April 1st after all.

Must be the equinox....

So I guess there is no true DIYer nor Audiophile here that will try, explore and experiment yourself different ways of improving sound and just blinding think that all of this is a myth.

Anyway to close this thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back