Best sounding MP3 player with atleast 80GB of storage?
Feb 24, 2010 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

PhilipV

New Head-Fier
WEll the thread title basically describes what I need, I want a MP3 with atleast 80GB of storage that sounds very good. Now, let me clarify, I only want to listen to music on this. I don't need a camera or a large screen to watch videos. I'm not the type to watch movies and stuff on the go, and on long trips I have other devices to watch movies from. I don't need internet capabilities since I can use my cellphone (G1) and have internet everywhere. I don't need to play games since I have a PSP, a DS and I can play games on my G1. This is strictly for music. I was thinking of getting the 160GB 7th Gen iPod Classic for $230, which seems like a very nice price. But I thought that I might as well try here and see some suggestions. I don't care what brand it is, and it's look doesn't have to be great, it just better not be insanely ugly. :p

Mar 13, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #4 of 14
I'd have to go w/the iPod 5/5.5G, as it's RockBox-able, and an LOD to AMP setup is quite the norm. The Zune 80/120 is what I would have recommended IF it had a bass boost & custom EQ.

Mar 14, 2010 at 10:49 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by chi2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Iriver H120 with a 80GB harddisk (or H140 with 120GB). It has an excellent low impedance internal amp and together with a toslinked ibasso D10 it makes a combo whose SQ is even better and very hard to beat.

Where can you buy them?

Mar 14, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd have to go w/the iPod 5/5.5G, as it's RockBox-able, and an LOD to AMP setup is quite the norm. The Zune 80/120 is what I would have recommended IF it had a bass boost & custom EQ.

Well with the first gen 30 gig zune you can put a 100gb hard drive in it and still have the eq functions.

Mar 14, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelousmarvyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well with the first gen 30 gig zune you can put a 100gb hard drive in it and still have the eq functions.

This is true, but the battery life and output volume aren't all that spectacular. It's an option though.

Mar 16, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #9 of 14
>laptop

biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #10 of 14
Cut down your 80G to 64G and get SonyWalkman A-847,it is state of art,mp3 player with fantastic SQ,high price and japanese menu.If you care so much about your 80G number,there is another option,also very new:CreativeZenXfi
and ZenXfi2,they have SD memory card slot,together it will make 80G.
Simple solution is - 2 players,one in left pocket one in right,you can play mono on 2 ears at the same time,if you have ability to split your attention(I can).
What about Cowon A3?80G out of box!But it is big,with big video screen and only 10hours of audio time.But it is good audio time,I mean - superior SQ.
I think - SonyWalkman series A is the best for you.32G is available with English menu.

Mar 16, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #11 of 14
If I could get the 64gb A Series Walkman here in the USA myself, w/an English menu, I'd not use another dap - it's that spectacular IMO.

Mar 16, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #12 of 14
Hey guys, thanks for the recommendations but I've decided to get a 160GB iPod Classic, it has the best GB/$, great accessories (docks, cases, cables), good sound quality, ease of use (I personally like using iTunes), it's an iPod (so it looks good) and I want this to last me a while so I figured with 160GB I will probably never run out of space.

Mar 16, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I could get the 64gb A Series Walkman here in the USA myself, w/an English menu, I'd not use another dap - it's that spectacular IMO.

Japanese are clever lot,they always keep the best for themselve;but be patient
it will come to our shores before the next X'mas and they will have 128G already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back