Best sound quality (MP3 player with HD)
Mar 25, 2005 at 1:30 PM Post #16 of 39
@IC-silencer :Thank you for your answer, very interesting for me.
If the VAIO sounds good with the E3s, it doesn't matter if the EQ is so poor...

Besides pop and rock, did you also try with other kind of music (classical, jazz, vocal, ...) ?

smily_headphones1.gif

P.S. : your english is good enough for me, I'm french !
wink.gif

Mar 25, 2005 at 5:08 PM Post #17 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by XP_98
@IC-silencer :Thank you for your answer, very interesting for me.
If the VAIO sounds good with the E3s, it doesn't matter if the EQ is so poor...

Besides pop and rock, did you also try with other kind of music (classical, jazz, vocal, ...) ?

smily_headphones1.gif

P.S. : your english is good enough for me, I'm french !
wink.gif

There are 92% rock and pop; 4% classic and 4% jazz on my harddisk. And i am very satisfied with the other 8%. Very detailed and warm sound!!! But i think (i've never tried) with Ety E4P earphones this player plays like Mozart/Miles Davis. With Shure E3c it plays like Beethoven/Coltrane. I hope this was a help for you!!!
etysmile.gif
biggrin.gif

Marco

Mar 25, 2005 at 6:21 PM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

This combo (Sure E3c + Sony Vaio Pocket) is unbeatable for Pop and Rock!

Shure E3 + Rio Karma. You really appreciate the equaliser when you can hear every little tweak.

Mar 25, 2005 at 7:40 PM Post #19 of 39
Quote:

But i think (i've never tried) with Ety E4P earphones this player plays like Mozart/Miles Davis. With Shure E3c it plays like Beethoven/Coltrane

Hum, I'd prefer if it played (with shure E3, of course) like Schumann/Stan Getz
icon10.gif

P.S. @IC-Silencer : und wie klingt's mit Heino ?
etysmile.gif

Mar 25, 2005 at 7:55 PM Post #21 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by XP_98
Hum, I'd prefer if it played (with shure E3, of course) like Schumann/Stan Getz
icon10.gif

P.S. @IC-Silencer : und wie klingt's mit Heino ?
etysmile.gif

hmmmm do you think? Ok, acctepted!

Heino? He sounds like hell!!!!!! Yeah!
biggrin.gif

Marco

Mar 26, 2005 at 9:33 PM Post #23 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by IC-Silencer
I dont use the EQ! I only listen to the natural sound

I do too, but I find CDs are often unbalanced and require EQing to bring the sound back to being natural.

See ya
Steve

Mar 26, 2005 at 10:13 PM Post #25 of 39
I would look for a DAP with OGG playback..I've compared OGG and MP3, and OGG blows the door off MP3. It's not the "marginally" better sounding format, as Micromart stated last month.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 27, 2005 at 3:39 AM Post #26 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necros
I would look for a DAP with OGG playback..I've compared OGG and MP3, and OGG blows the door off MP3. It's not the "marginally" better sounding format, as Micromart stated last month.
rolleyes.gif

lame 3.96.1 alt preset standard or v4. I personaly use alt preset insane. the difference between a finely tuned mp3 and ogg is negligble. If lower bitrates performance and file size are important then ogg is the way to go, but everything will play mp3...(except for sony's
blink.gif
) kidding about the sonys.

The iriver h100, 300 is awesome. The best sounding and has the ogg opition. It dosent have an eq like the karma, an interface of the ipod, or the size of the cowon, but I love it.

Mar 27, 2005 at 6:27 AM Post #27 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by IC-Silencer
I dont use the EQ! I only listen to the natural sound

How are 100% digital signals rightly considered to posses a "natural sound." Natural compared to what?

Mar 27, 2005 at 6:56 AM Post #28 of 39
Man how many times can the same question be discussed?

Mar 27, 2005 at 8:15 AM Post #29 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by crimsonadam
How are 100% digital signals rightly considered to posses a "natural sound."

Digital signals don't sound at all. What he was referring to was the amped analog signal.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 28, 2005 at 2:30 AM Post #30 of 39
I bought a Creative Zen Touch 20Gb two weeks ago. It was mainly between it and the DJ. I play lossless formats (Karma's Flac support is sweet but its too ugly to me...I wanted one to match my Passats Blue interior lighting) and sound quality was very imortant to me. I think Creative makes the DJ's guts, so they sound the same. I liked the Zen's looks better and the battery life is unreal. Soon I'll integrate it into the car, for now it it sounds awesome with all my ripped CD's and live ROIO's. I just got some Panasonic HDJ-650 canels, and the comfort and sound is very nice indeed.

I just also got a new laptop..Dell Inspiron 9300 (17" WXGA, P-M, Go6800-256Mb..killer!!!) and it and the Zen match perfect! White and Silver and Blue lighting....I mean PERFECT! Is there such thing as digital karma? LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back