Best smooth sounding IEM under $100
Sep 14, 2010 at 4:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Jozurr

Headphoneus Supremus
Im looking for a smooth sounding IEM under $90. I dont like fatiguing/aggressive sound and I don't need excessive bass or treble. I like them in normal quantities with probably a decent soundstage. Will be listening to mostly pink floyd/radiohead/beatles and so on.

Suggestions please?

I've got the PL30s and ordered the M1s so far.

Sep 14, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #3 of 11
I'm worried they would be thin sounding with a little less bass quantity than the PL30s. Also since I've ordered the M1s I don't think the PL50s are going to be an upgrade. I'm looking for an upgrade.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Sep 14, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #4 of 11
You should like the M1s over the PL50s.
They are more dynamic.
If you want to go a little more i would suggest the RE-ZERO.
Ive heard the M1s and was quite impressed. Just not as much detail as the ZEROs, but still very nice.
Also the ZEROs mids are pretty amazing.
I would rate the 3 in this order.
ZERO > M1 > PL50

I am selling my PL50s if you live in Australia
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 15, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #5 of 11
Yeah I was thinking of ordering the Zeros but theyre a little over my budget plus the adapter thing is putting me off completely. Any other suggestions?

Sep 16, 2010 at 6:17 AM Post #8 of 11
The MP4Nation Brainwavz M2 is a very nice affordable IEM that has a decent sound stage and a nice midcentric warm sound with not bad treble detail as well and good bass. They are the same model and the ViSang R03 I believe, an EXCELLENT value and the price will be more like $50.

Sep 16, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #9 of 11
How about the FA eterna? Dont they have musical sound and great overall? They r not aggresive at all as i know. I dont know about the soundstage. Check them on jokers or clieos multireviews.

Sep 17, 2010 at 6:06 AM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
Eterna is somewhat excessive with bass and has darker treble, imho.

It's definitely bassy, but I would not go as far as saying its excessive.  If you have the PL30s, look to the Fischer Audio Silver Bullets because your pl30 tips will fit them perfectly and you will enjoy the hell out of it that much more.  The smaller Super Tips and the pl30 tips are without a doubt the best options for them.  

If you want an equally tall and wide stage with some great bass and amazing immersion and dont mind wearing the Eterna in a weird way, either over the back of your ear, great coloration and do not need amping, then they are for you

if you want a very wide stage but is not tall, great separation and pretty clean and powerful bass ( with awesome responsiveness to low freqs, can use your pl30 tips on them if you dislike the stock tips, also with just the right amount of coloration ( at least to my ears ) dont really need an amp to sound great, but do improve a lot with good amping ( more so than the eterna for sure ) then the Silver bullets are for you

( I use my SBs every day, love them to death.  In terms of audio quality and responsiveness i feel the silver bullets to be the best buy currently in existence for under 100$ )  

Outside of those two heavyweights, I would also recommend of course the Hippo VB and the Brainwaves M2.  Outside of these four iems, I would not recommend anything else.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back