Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #169 of 7,916
biggrin.gif
:xf_eek:

Hahahahahahaha ! Common ...

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n900-2917.

MP3/WMA/WAV/eAAC+ player

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #173 of 7,916
Well with all the talk of the HTC One M9 i thought this would be prime time to dip into the used market to nab previous flagships on the (dirt) cheap so i got a HTC One M7 
tongue_smile.gif
 Very clean sound out from the headphone jack (the headphone amp section exceeds my expectations) and am using it as my daily driver 
L3000.gif
  Awaiting the sports armband from ebay to arrive so i can listen to it while jogging too! Oh it works out of the box with the Fiio E7 which i tested and felt the phone on it's own sound as good or even better granted it was mated with an outdated/entry level Fiio DAC but i know when i do upgrade the E7 i would aim for one that would sound vastly better than the M7 on it's own 
beerchug.gif

Mar 2, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #174 of 7,916
Well with all the talk of the HTC One M9 i thought this would be prime time to dip into the used market to nab previous flagships on the (dirt) cheap so i got a HTC One M7 :tongue_smile:  Very clean sound out from the headphone jack (the headphone amp section exceeds my expectations) and am using it as my daily driver :L3000:   Awaiting the sports armband from ebay to arrive so i can listen to it while jogging too! Oh it works out of the box with the Fiio E7 which i tested and felt the phone on it's own sound as good or even better granted it was mated with an outdated/entry level Fiio DAC but i know when i do upgrade the E7 i would aim for one that would sound vastly better than the M7 on it's own :beerchug:  

i would not walk around with A phone conected to a dac/amp. a good phone has enough power to drive even over ears. If Not, it is just a peace of ****. i phone 5s drives for example he400 with no problems. Akg k612 are also possible to amp with iphone 5s, but it is not the best they can do. But who brings akg k612 to public?? In public I use my ts02 inears or akg k845bt in my car, if my radio sucks. I have used fiio x1, x5, amp dac e17, sony walkmans, they all sounded good, but I wanted just one tech. And a universal is a smartphone like iphone5s or htc one. Maby the chineese will bring a new stage here with mi note.

Mar 2, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #175 of 7,916
After learning from the experiences of Z3 and ZX2..... I can tell one thing here....just for common folks with MP3 and radio, spotify....occasionally FLAC, phone with a good pair of headphones/IEMS will do just fine.

For people who love music, do go with dedicated player....there is no such thing as Auiophile smartphone yet....in the US. I know the Chinese is trying hard.

To many of you who is confused to power output vs sound quality...yes...Apple iPhones are very loud, then HTC M8......but music details, clarity, layers, tonality all go to the Xperia Z3 tablet compact....the Z3 only has so so field of sound....or soundstage, and so so volume output.

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #177 of 7,916
Does Sony Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact have the same good audio quality? Or they have big differences? Thank you.

The only two I have personally experienced with was Z3 and Z3 tablet compact, and by the look at ifixit website, all seems to have the same built in hardware. I can confirm both Z3 and Z3 tablet compact has the same sound quality. I would think Z3 compact also has the same great sound.

Mar 3, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #178 of 7,916
After learning from the experiences of Z3 and ZX2..... I can tell one thing here....just for common folks with MP3 and radio, spotify....occasionally FLAC, phone with a good pair of headphones/IEMS will do just fine.

For people who love music, do go with dedicated player....there is no such thing as Auiophile smartphone yet....in the US. I know the Chinese is trying hard.

To many of you who is confused to power output vs sound quality...yes...Apple iPhones are very loud, then HTC M8......but music details, clarity, layers, tonality all go to the Xperia Z3 tablet compact....the Z3 only has so so field of sound....or soundstage, and so so volume output.

Probably not entirely flat frequency response of Z3 is what got you confused into thinking that it sounds better than iPhone or M8. The truth is, it has worse audio DAC, but gives you slightly tweaked (as in EQing) sound. So it's maybe good for general masses using stock player, but not for us enthusiasts who like to tweak the sound on our own and care more about the HW than SW.

Mar 3, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #179 of 7,916
Probably not entirely flat frequency response of Z3 is what got you confused into thinking that it sounds better than iPhone or M8. The truth is, it has worse audio DAC, but gives you slightly tweaked (as in EQing) sound. So it's maybe good for general masses using stock player, but not for us enthusiasts who like to tweak the sound on our own and care more about the HW than SW.

You are wrong ! Stock software is good, there is no denying it. But the Z3 has a built in Equalizer, not only software. This will allow you to adjust setting with any third party program equalizer as well

Mar 3, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #180 of 7,916
Sadly, in EU/US it became kinda like a trend, implementing "beats audio", "Dolby", "SRS", etc / messing with sound settings instead of improving the actual hardware like chinese manufacturers started doing recently. The exclusions are obviously iPhone (not saying that it can't be improved), HTC One flagship series to extent (yes they do have beats audio, but with it disabled the sound is pretty good) and some Samsung devices. Sony and Nokia are pretty much crapped out being stuck with sub-standard hardware.

You are wrong ! Stock software is good, there is no denying it. But the Z3 has a built in Equalizer, not only software. This will allow you to adjust setting with any third party program equalizer as well

Almost all EQ apps (including branded/integrated ones) except poweramp and maybe viper4android (liked by many but it's way too artificial for me), on Android suck big time. Many apps don't even have adjustments below 60Hz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back