Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Dec 9, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #842 of 5,166
This week I resurrected an old HTC SENSATION. Updated the software to LineageOS lollipop and installed viper4android. My LG G4 with same software setup died last week so I needed something to do for a few days till I get a replacement phone. Paired with Fidelio X2's my first pair of good open cans I have to say I'm very pleasantly surprised indeed. I have no idea what DAC chip is on the HTC but I can say it's more than a bit satisfactory and quite the upgrade in audio quality from my LG G4.

Dec 9, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #846 of 5,166
LG smartphones are great but ruined by bootloop and screen issues :frowning2:

I can't tell you how much I loved my G4 despite the image retention problem. Mine had a replaced motherboard. It didn't overheat or suffer bootloop - the screen stopped working and unfort replacing the screen didn't fix it so must be issue on motherboard. Seen a G5 going cheap so gonna try that one but if I don't like it i'll get another G4. If I do keep it I'll get the B&O addon, might be a nice upgrade.

Dec 9, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #848 of 5,166
I've seen several issues from forums to facebook group having those issues with their v20

I got rid of my V20 a few days ago.....developed screen retention sent to LG twice and both “new screens” had the same issue, the retention on my unit was really bad even on the lowest brightness and I’ve had tons of people with the same issue

Dec 10, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #851 of 5,166
What about MI note3 sq? It says ESS9018 DAC + OPA1612 amp 24/192 in preferences. Sadly the usbc / 3.5 adapter only. Anyone know how does it perform?

That is 1st gen of mi note. Maybe you read wrong spec.

Dec 10, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #855 of 5,166
Speaking of Meizu Pro 6 Plus

Is it better than Pro 5 ?

For me, no. Pro5 vocal is more natural and feel much more musical. Also pro5 has micro sd slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back