Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Nov 17, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #2,866 of 5,166
My Vivo Nex S is currently being shipped. Does the stock music app bypass Android resampling to 48kHz? Or is it best to use the Neutron settings from the 1st page of this thread for the Xplay 6?

Related to other music apps (ie Spotify) - does checking the DSD box in addition to Hi-fi negatively affect battery? Or have any other effect as far as bypassing resampling? Thank you much for your help.

Nov 17, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #2,867 of 5,166
My Vivo Nex S is currently being shipped. Does the stock music app bypass Android resampling to 48kHz? Or is it best to use the Neutron settings from the 1st page of this thread for the Xplay 6?

Related to other music apps (ie Spotify) - does checking the DSD box in addition to Hi-fi negatively affect battery? Or have any other effect as far as bypassing resampling? Thank you much for your help.

1. Stock music can bypass using hifi toggle.
2. Dsd will comsume more battery when playing dsd. By playing normal format, it wouldnt cause any more comsumption.

Nov 18, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #2,869 of 5,166
Hi All,

Long time lurker here would like to seek some advice on my next phone upgrade.

I'm currently using LG V20, while it has been serving me well, it has been showing signs of slowness when doing multi-tasking or gaming.
So I'm now looking out for what can I replace it with in the near future (Perhaps in a couple of months).

While looking around I came across this article talking about HiFi DAC in Redmi K20 Pro, URL: here, so I begin digging around.
It seems that it is using Qualcomm Aqstic WCD9375 Hi-Fi audio chip, quick googling around doesn't reveal much about these.

And additionally based on this XDA thread, URL: here, one user had feedback that it appears to be on par with my LG V20.
With all this information I would like to seek opinion with you guys here in regards to this phone.

Cheers. :sunglasses:

Nov 18, 2019 at 6:05 AM Post #2,870 of 5,166
Hi All,

Long time lurker here would like to seek some advice on my next phone upgrade.

I'm currently using LG V20, while it has been serving me well, it has been showing signs of slowness when doing multi-tasking or gaming.
So I'm now looking out for what can I replace it with in the near future (Perhaps in a couple of months).

While looking around I came across this article talking about HiFi DAC in Redmi K20 Pro, URL: here, so I begin digging around.
It seems that it is using Qualcomm Aqstic WCD9375 Hi-Fi audio chip, quick googling around doesn't reveal much about these.

And additionally based on this XDA thread, URL: here, one user had feedback that it appears to be on par with my LG V20.
With all this information I would like to seek opinion with you guys here in regards to this phone.

Cheers. :sunglasses:

LG V50

Nov 18, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #2,871 of 5,166

Hi @artpiggo,

Thank you for the response, I would have consider that and the rest of LG's line of phone if not for the cost.
A Redmi K20 Pro is half of the cost for LG V50 & V40 here in my country (It's not even sold officially too), whereas I can get Redmi readily now locally.

Thanks. :sunglasses:

Nov 18, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #2,872 of 5,166
Hi guys I'm new here and I have a question. My Axon 7's battery kicked the bucket last week and I'm looking for a next phone. I don't have any specific needs apart from decent audio quality, and also I don't really fancy carrying around separate DAC (so i guess it's should. The problem is my budget is limited. I can buy LG V40 but it would be really stretching it. Is there any cheaper alternative?

I'm not really an audiophile. It's just I can easily tell difference between music played on some cheap Xiaomi and my Axon and I don't want downgrading in that matter.

Also @generalwu I've had Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro 9 (it's a global name for K20 Pro) for like a month before selling it and while it did not impress me all that greatly it was somewhat decent when it comes to audio quality. It was worse than my earlier Axon 7 but still better than it's competion (in its price range)

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #2,873 of 5,166
Hi @alphastigma,

Thank you for the comment, so K20 Pro is just above average in your opinion.

In regards to what other phone options available, these are the ones that I've seen around being mentioned.
  • LG V50
  • LG G8
  • LG G8X
  • LG V40
  • LG G7
  • LG V35
  • LG V30
  • LG G6 (Old)
  • LG V20 (Old)
  • Vivo Nex S
  • Samsung S10e (Snapdragon versions only)
  • Essential phone with audio adaptor HD

Nov 19, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #2,874 of 5,166
Does anyone know if the iBasso DC-01 will work with a Samsung Galaxy S9+ (AT&T US Snapdragon model)? I really hope so; I'm about to purchase on from a fellow Head-Fier and obviously want to be able to use it, lol!

Nov 20, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #2,877 of 5,166
hey,
i see more like HIDIZS S3, , Meizu HiFi Audio Pro..

what the cheap dap that i can buy and use with iBasso DC-01 ?

Use it right out of your phone.

If you are looking for a dap there's no need to get the DC-01 simultaneously.

Nov 21, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #2,878 of 5,166
Hi,
Well i have tryed some phone audio output and wanted tout share my impressions and Say Samsung s10+ is pretty nice same as Oppo reno z and rx17 and i think Oppo reno2 and z2 are even better i found LG v50 to try and i was really pleased instantly but it was US locked phone.

What do you people know about Oppo reno, reno z audio, could some of these be on par than nex s?

Nov 22, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #2,880 of 5,166
Hi @artpiggo,

Thank you for the response, I would have consider that and the rest of LG's line of phone if not for the cost.
A Redmi K20 Pro is half of the cost for LG V50 & V40 here in my country (It's not even sold officially too), whereas I can get Redmi readily now locally.

Thanks. :sunglasses:

I'm using Redmi K20 Pro and it's a good option for what it costs but not at all exceptional. My Redmi Note 4 sounds equally good with Ainur Narsil. Plus Miui is a pain and most audio mods dont work on this device so it's depends on what you want out of this smartphone - simple audio performance or an overall package.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back