Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Jun 27, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #2,611 of 5,166
I'm perfectly pleased by how the V20 performs coupled with my HD6xx.. Altough I would like just a tad more volume in those few hard to drive tracks. I've tried the G7 and found it had that extra punch needed, but still retaining the familiar sound of the V20.

So I just gotta ask, how does the the newer Meridian tuned LG phones compare to the older variants?
Neither of the LG phones I've tried have had B&O tuning (at least lacking the stamp on the box & shell of the phone).
I did read somewhere that some people found the V40 lacking in volume, compared to the V30 - which had me worried.

Are there any other phones out there capable of delivering at least 2.0Vrms?

Emil

Xplay6 2.5 vrms
And letv max 2.1 vrms

Jun 27, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #2,612 of 5,166
Can some one recommend an android phone based on below info,Thanks.

Price range: up to 650$
IEM/ Headphone used: Sony mdr XB75ap ( in-ear, bass heavy)
Screen size: minimum 6 inches
What kind of sound you wanna get: heavy/ puchy bass like in Nubia Z9 or Z series (Produces awesome bass)
What kind of music you mainly listen: POP/ROCK
Special request: Good camera/Good Processor

Nex.S and Letv max

Jun 27, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #2,614 of 5,166
Thank you, but I was hoping there would be newer devices. I see no reason to exchange my V20 for an older device.

Nex S then

Jun 27, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #2,615 of 5,166
Testing the Motorola Moto G7 Power with my Audeze Mobius and will report back what I found out... Sounds tasty to me like sushi!

Jun 28, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #2,616 of 5,166
Who can tell me when will be released new audiophile phone from vivo or similar like vivo xplay6?

Too long time ago and still no mew models... nex s not that good as xplay.

So sad that 2.5 years we do not have any new models and dont have even any plans to release new audiophile phones:frowning2:

This field do not bring money?

Its sttange, caise every audiophile i know crazy about vivo and gets new model as soon as it released.

How can we change this situation? Thanks.

Jun 28, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #2,618 of 5,166
Who can tell me when will be released new audiophile phone from vivo or similar like vivo xplay6?

Too long time ago and still no mew models... nex s not that good as xplay.

So sad that 2.5 years we do not have any new models and dont have even any plans to release new audiophile phones:frowning2:

This field do not bring money?

Its sttange, caise every audiophile i know crazy about vivo and gets new model as soon as it released.

How can we change this situation? Thanks.

Live with it and move on.

Maybe pray for ibasso to make some phone.

Jun 28, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #2,619 of 5,166
I've upgraded from Vivo Nex S to LG V50. The V50 has more spacious soundstage, slightly better bass impact and overall, more balanced and musical sound.

Oddly, I find the V50 sounds better than the V40 too, even though both are using same ESS DACs and Meridian tuned.

In my personal opinion, the V50 ranks as my best audiophile smartphone. Not forgetting, the V50 has similar large battery capacity as the Nex S, latest Snapdragon, and beautiful higher def display. Camera quality not on par with other flagships but still great and not my priority. Afterall, this is a audiophile smartphone thread :)

Jun 28, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #2,620 of 5,166
I've upgraded from Vivo Nex S to LG V50. The V50 has more spacious soundstage, slightly better bass impact and overall, more balanced and musical sound.

Oddly, I find the V50 sounds better than the V40 too, even though both are using same ESS DACs and Meridian tuned.

In my personal opinion, the V50 ranks as my best audiophile smartphone. Not forgetting, the V50 has similar large battery capacity as the Nex S, latest Snapdragon, and beautiful higher def display. Camera quality not on par with other flagships but still great and not my priority. Afterall, this is a audiophile smartphone thread :)

Thanks for useful info. I still wait price drop to LG V50.

What price point did you get for V50?

Jun 29, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #2,622 of 5,166
Can you give me exact official link to buy korean version of lg v50 without second screen, with 1 sim and sd card slot.
And exact model name please.

In korea not like in china? Is there official korean lg shop and site?

Like vivo.com.cn?

Give me exact official link for buy in korea pls.

Also how about comparing LG V50 and vivo xplay5s?

Im worried about bass, cause when i buy similar presentation vivo x6plus, it has also ess9028 dacs and amps, the sound with mybaudiotechnika ath es10 was sucks in bass section.
I even install the equalizer soft.

After 2 mounth will released vivo xpaly5s, i buy it, have a very sad for drammatically dropping price of vivo x6plus, plus should move all soft and settings ( which is hard without root)

So i have a negative experience in the past with ess based amps :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #2,624 of 5,166
Updated pic of my current setup:

LG V50 + Effect Audio Cleopatra Octa cables + Noble Audio Encore customs = Audio Bliss!!
IMG_20190629_173025.JPG

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #2,625 of 5,166
Updated pic of my current setup:

LG V50 + Effect Audio Cleopatra Octa cables + Noble Audio Encore customs = Audio Bliss!!

Stunning Cleopatra!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back