Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
May 16, 2022 at 1:32 PM Post #4,667 of 5,166
Thank you!!!

Wow. Very attractive looking phone too! Can it handle low impedance
/sensitivity headphones (Edition XS & Drop Aeon X)?
Only headphones I tried was Focal Celestee and sound was amazing

May 16, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #4,668 of 5,166
Thank you!!!

Wow. Very attractive looking phone too! Can it handle low impedance
/sensitivity headphones (Edition XS & Drop Aeon X)?
I don't think so.
Especially the Aeons are very demanding and even my V30 with HIM struggle to power them properly.

May 16, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #4,670 of 5,166
On LG Phones, and a few others, you've 3 "amp" modes( gain stages ).
Normal, aux and High Impedance Mode (HIM)

Normal is around 0.7 volts
Aux is around 1.3 volts (needs extension cable/> 800ohm)
HIM is 2 volts (needs >50ohm)

Regarding the Bluetooth.
Depending on the paired device, the Xperia choose SBC for non HD-Audio and all above for HD-Audio.

For example, i was able to set my Liberty Air 2 Pro to LDAC/ aac or sbc by turning the slider on/off. (Supported codecs by the Soundcore TWS)
The BTR5 offers a larger range of codecs but always falls back to sbc on non HD-AUDIO, sadly. No other option available.

Moreso, i couldn't get aptx to work, it always picked aptx-hd, whenever I want aptx. (Hd-audio on) (through developer settings)

Broadcast LDAC with Sony Music, Tidal and UAPP.

Last edited:
May 16, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #4,671 of 5,166
On LG Phones, and a few others, you've 3 "amp" modes( gain stages ).
Normal, aux and High Impedance Mode (HIM)

Normal is around 0.7 volts
Aux is around 1.3 volts (needs extension cable/> 800ohm)
HIM is 2 volts (needs >50ohm)

Regarding the Bluetooth.
Depending on the paired device, the Xperia choose SBC for non HD-Audio and all above for HD-Audio.

For example, i was able to set my Liberty Air 2 Pro to LDAC/ aac or sbc by turning the slider on/off. (Supported codecs by the Soundcore TWS)
The BTR5 offers a larger range of codecs but always falls back to sbc on non HD-AUDIO, sadly. No other option available.

Moreso, i couldn't get aptx to work, it always picked aptx-hd, whenever I want aptx. (Hd-audio on) (through developer settings)

Broadcast LDAC with Sony Music, Tidal and UAPP.
I see, my wife ordered a Drop Aeon Closed X for me but it won’t be here till August. From specs it’s got really low impedance but low sensitivity more extreme than the XS (12.5ohm, 91db)
It would have been great to run it straight from phone but a Q5K would solve that.

LDAC on Apple Music is not critical for me as all my LDAC enabled headphones and IEMs ain’t really that resolving…at all but it could have been handy broadcasting to the Q5K.

May 31, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #4,674 of 5,166
Hi guys, I sold my Dap and now i m looking for a smartphone to use sometimes as a dap...
Does Anyone tell me which one is the best one?
I was reading Smth about LG V30 but I think that is a bit old

Jun 13, 2022 at 4:39 AM Post #4,677 of 5,166
I have a dilemma. currently I'm using my Pixel 6 Pro on the go, and my V60 at home for wired and some bluetooth.
I'm going back in to the office now, so I'd like to have something to power my IE300, Blon BL-07, audiofly AF180 MK2, and PM3.
Also, no matter what I do, bluetooth audio on my 6 pro seems a bit flat when compared to bluetooth on the V60, and i'm not sure how that could be the case, but it is. BT range is better on the 6 pro than my V60, but yeah. Not happy with the audio from the phone.
I'm thinking of a, switching to a Xperia5III, and selling my 6Pro, or switching back to my V60, and saving a bit more for the nw-wm1am2 Decisions.
Anyone have comparisons of the xperia 5 III vs the V60?

Jun 14, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #4,678 of 5,166
Somebody asked what is the best sounding phone I ever tried. LG V10 in HIM by quite a margin. It has unbelievably analog, quality bass and precise timing. I compared it to HTC 10 with and without personal profile, Ibasso DC03, Arcam rPac with OFC USB cable, and the mighty Xduoo link2 Bal. The V10 with Focal Listen in HIM or with HD 599 SE was so much more pleasant to listen to, analog, fuller...all the above mentioned are a joke. The xduoo will be further tested eith HD660 in balanced. It has less bass on a Windows laptop, and leaner, flatter, a bit muffled sound, compared to V10. But it has a tad more refined detail and separation and I lose sleep wondering if I should return it. Some people tested ans praised the Xduoo with $2k headphones, which is very different, but... And the difference between it and rPac was slim. A very strange and unusual Cirrus Logic sound signature.

Jun 15, 2022 at 3:19 AM Post #4,680 of 5,166
Somebody asked what is the best sounding phone I ever tried. LG V10 in HIM by quite a margin. It has unbelievably analog, quality bass and precise timing. I compared it to HTC 10 with and without personal profile, Ibasso DC03, Arcam rPac with OFC USB cable, and the mighty Xduoo link2 Bal. The V10 with Focal Listen in HIM or with HD 599 SE was so much more pleasant to listen to, analog, fuller...all the above mentioned are a joke. The xduoo will be further tested eith HD660 in balanced. It has less bass on a Windows laptop, and leaner, flatter, a bit muffled sound, compared to V10. But it has a tad more refined detail and separation and I lose sleep wondering if I should return it. Some people tested ans praised the Xduoo with $2k headphones, which is very different, but... And the difference between it and rPac was slim. A very strange and unusual Cirrus Logic sound signature.
The only V series phones I haven't heard are the v35, V50 and V10. I've owned all the others. And what you've posted is similar to what I've heard about the V10 from some others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back