Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Dec 20, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #2,972 of 5,166
It might be intesresting, thanks for sharing. I am very worried about rumors saying BBK stopped "audiophile" smartphones.
The good point is that with all the languages available on this phone, it should be easier for non-english speaking people to use it.
I expect a lot of reviews to come out.

My only complain is the ENORMOUS screen: i find this trend around big screens to be annoying since you can't find new smartphones with normal screen size...
It makes me hope my Xplay 6 will last long enough to see the end of this trend.

Dec 21, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #2,973 of 5,166
Sharing my thoughts on lg g7 vs v50

-G7 is leaner on low end maybe the more neutral sounding as a whole

-V50 digs depeer on low end, midrange and treble sounds warmer and tamed but not audibly recessed or rolled off by any means.

Details, imaging, soundstage etc. are quite the same.

This is test done using hibymusic and poweramp as playback sources.

So with that said. Is uapp a definite improvement for source playback? Cause I dont hear any difference from hibys bit perfect vs poweramp experimental hires output 24bit 384khz.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 12:50 AM Post #2,974 of 5,166
Sharing my thoughts on lg g7 vs v50

-G7 is leaner on low end maybe the more neutral sounding as a whole

-V50 digs depeer on low end, midrange and treble sounds warmer and tamed but not audibly recessed or rolled off by any means.

Details, imaging, soundstage etc. are quite the same.

This is test done using hibymusic and poweramp as playback sources.

So with that said. Is uapp a definite improvement for source playback? Cause I dont hear any difference from hibys bit perfect vs poweramp experimental hires output 24bit 384khz.

You may try and get refund if you dont like.

Dec 21, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #2,975 of 5,166
You may try and get refund if you dont like.

Is refund an option? Oh okay. But I want to hear some personal opinions of others first regarding about bit perfect playbacks. Does hiby and uapp uses the same type of bit perfect playback technology? Im kinda ignorant about it so would be glad to someone enlighten me on this.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #2,976 of 5,166
Is refund an option? Oh okay. But I want to hear some personal opinions of others first regarding about bit perfect playbacks. Does hiby and uapp uses the same type of bit perfect playback technology? Im kinda ignorant about it so would be glad to someone enlighten me on this.

For me, the app sounds different for me. Even the same bit perfect option is chosen in each app. While poweramp feeling more mid bass and treble. Hiby sounds neutral. UAPP sounds transparent with emphasize in treble. Neutron is musical.

Dec 21, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #2,977 of 5,166
For me, the app sounds different for me. Even the same bit perfect option is chosen in each app. While poweramp feeling more mid bass and treble. Hiby sounds neutral. UAPP sounds transparent with emphasize in treble. Neutron is musical.

What is your opinion about the lg default music player tho? I know its also doing a bit perfect playback but I dont use it because of the unimpressive ui

Dec 21, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #2,978 of 5,166
Does anyone here use an iPhone as their primary mobile device (surfing & non music apps) but also carries an Android phone just for audio (usb & headphone) playback?

Dec 21, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #2,980 of 5,166
What is your opinion about the lg default music player tho? I know its also doing a bit perfect playback but I dont use it because of the unimpressive ui

I didnt use it either.

Dec 21, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #2,981 of 5,166
Hi
Right now I am testing a fiio m11 with headphones fiio fh7.
I have a cell phone lg g7 that I use regularly and lg for me sounds better ....
Has anyone been able to try any dap and does your cell phone sound better?
Greetings

Check out ibasso dx160. You will easily forget the smartphone sound.

Dec 21, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #2,983 of 5,166
Dec 21, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #2,984 of 5,166
I'm using cayin N5ii for my Hd58x balanced, and for normal use i have lg V20. An its not a day and night difference. Thinking of selling n5ii and switching to G7. But i heard G7 battery sucks. Any idea, g7 owners olz??

Dec 21, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #2,985 of 5,166
I'm using cayin N5ii for my Hd58x balanced, and for normal use i have lg V20. An its not a day and night difference. Thinking of selling n5ii and switching to G7. But i heard G7 battery sucks. Any idea, g7 owners olz??

To say it sucks is probably an overstatement :)

You will get one day battery life with moderate use and with heavy use you will need to top late in the day. This is not a Huawei or Xiaomi smartphone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back